Width of brake "pad track" or "swept area" on the 72-76 models

arcticXS

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Could I ask you with the early models for the width of the "pad track", measured from the disc OD to the inside edge of the brake pad?
(The pads and pistons are 48 mm IIRC, so I expect this measurement to be around 50-51 mm, but would like to have it confirmed)

I am ordering a new disc for my RD350, that has the same caliper. I did take all dimensions from an old disc, but forgot this, rather crucial one. And now I am at sea for a couple of weeks, with no RD nor XS around...

Could I ask you with the early models for the width of the "pad track", measured from the disc OD to the inside edge of the brake pad?
(The pads and pistons are 48 mm IIRC, so I expect this measurement to be around 50-51 mm, but would like to have it confirmed)

I am ordering a new disc for my RD350, that has the same caliper. I did take all dimensions from an old disc, but forgot this, rather crucial one. And now I am at sea for a couple of weeks, with no RD nor XS around...
From the disc OD to the inside of the wear marks is consistantly 48mm measured on several rotors, the swept area available is 52mm
Unlike you, I am always at sea.

Back