Wiring issues

KasperTheGhost

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I finally got to the point of kicking this thing over, i am getting no spark, one of my points is frozen. I susect many other wiring issues. For the sake of simplicity and turning it over, can i basically unwire everything but the coils. I can disconnect the alternator and regulator. I was gonna clean the points and cut the garbage out and re run the wires. Please and thank you. I found the wiring diagrams. I am gonna clean amd check the condensors and points tomorrow

Yes: all it needs to spark is 12V to the ignition coils and a good ground to the motor from battery negative. Good to have a kill switch though (between power source and coil+)

Yes: all it needs to spark is 12V to the ignition coils and a good ground to the motor from battery negative. Good to have a kill switch though (between power source and coil+)
I agree, i want to fix the wiring, i just want to exclude everything from the equation. I got hand controlls and such to wire in, i just want to hear it run

Well, we got it running today! We fired up right away! Now we are disassembling it and fitting it with proper parts and a fresh coat of paint. Thats a happy kid
IMG_7972.jpeg

Back