Wordman's Build (with questions, answers, and suggestions)

I could make those pencils and Sharpies disappear faster than David Copperfield. Love the collection of air tools.:thumbsup:

Good Afternoon!

Still working in the garage. I got the big top drawer organized. I've also done a good bit of other work, but this is the only thing you can really "see."
fullsizeoutput_69.jpeg

I've been thinking about this for a while. Kristy's little Sl is nice, but needs paint and a bit of interior work. My BMW needs a clutch and paint.

I need fewer projects.

Kristy has been driving small convertibles since she became unable to ride with me on the motorcycle. Originally, we got her a Miata because they're sweet little sports cars, and because they're small (she loves small cars). We also picked a small car because, at the time, we lived in Maryland and she commuted to DC (Foggy Bottom) every day.

Since we've moved to Tennessee, her "little" cars have grown, until she got her '97 SL (which is nearly a mid-size car even though it's 2-seat). But such cars are low to the ground and therefore difficult for her to get n and out of. This gave me the idea that perhaps we should switch; she gets a mid-size sedan and I'll get a little sports car for our rides in the countryside.

So meet Kristy's 'new-to-her' car. It's a '98 Mercedes E320 with a little over 100K miles. As they say, "it's mint." She drove the 2 hours home with a grin on her fact the whole time. It's going to get different wheels (the wheels currently on her SL, actually), and I need to replace (or polish) the headlight lenses, but that's pretty much it.

She works hard, and I am very proud of her. She deserves this (though, if you know us, you know we didn't spend very much!).

190908846_142897611213070_2771619820814027460_n.jpg

You’re building a Triumph? What happened to your XS ?

Still have the XS to build. I've had a BITSA Triumph since I was 19. It's a '73 T140 750cc/5-speed engine in a '69 TR6R frame w/and XS750 front end, dual discs, and a few bits from a few other bikes, cars, etc.

Is that a 270°crank?

It's. 76° crank, 89mm stroker crank.

I think all of the new Triumphs are 270. I believe the 360 degree crank has gone the way of the dodo bird.

This is for an old Triumph.

Back