Would like to say hello

OldSkool81

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I would like to stop in and say hello to everyone. Im the proud new owner of a 1981 Yamaha xs 650 Special. I found this Forum and havent been able to stop looking :thumbsup: It needs some work ...stator..rotor...battery....etc. Plans are to hardtail, slam it and some customs. Anyone that would like to help with info or ideas. Im open to all addvice and help and want to thank everyone for there time. :bike:

Welcome OldSkool81! I believe you'll find a lot of good ideas and info on here. Keep a build thread going and post lots of pics man.

Hell yeah. Cut it up and make it your own. Everything you need to know about the 650 is somewhere here. Let the madness begin. Welcome

Welcome in, the deep end is a good place to start.

Um this is just ignored old guy advice but sort out EVERYTHING while it's still stock before you start cutting. Electrical, carbs, brakes, get em working correctly, it will save a buttload of time and you will then know what does and doesn't work as you build, Yeah pictures!

Thanks everyone!!!! super glad to be here. cant believe all the info on the site and skilled people. Was worried about buying an over 30 year old bike until I found this forum of great people! So as i said starting to take her apart now, getting an ARDCORE hardtail. I have been taking pictures so when i figure out how to upload some..i will.

Back