Wanted - XS 650 in louisiana

Good luck man, there is a guy in west Louisiana with a craigslist ad looking for XS650s and he said he had 3 different people contact him through his ad, maybe take that route.

THanks, i have a wanted ad on craigslist i had 2 people contact me one guy is suppose to be working on the title. The other guy kept asking me how much i had to spend and would never give me a price. I am just waiting to hear back from the guy with title problems.

Alright. My dad contacted the guy with the ad because I have 2 XS650s and he doesn't like them hoping he could get me to sell one but this guy was saying he had 3 potential bikes that he was going to look over. I would give it some time. I got a basketcase from a guy out near Fort Polk who took his chop apart. Looked at the title and the VIN on the neck, and as luck would have it the numbers didn't match, so I feel your pain man. Patience will be the key for you. Good luck.

I'm in the Lafayette area, they're hard to come by around here. There was a guy in Rayne, LA with one posted for $600 a little over a month ago. Didn't mention if it had a title or not but the ad was yanked withing 12 hours so I'm assuming it went quick. There was some dumb kid in Franklin, LA who took a perfectly good whole XS, removed the engine and put it in a ATV frame and threw the rest away. He was trying to sell his hacked up ATV project on Craigslist. Not only did he trash an XS but he also trashed a good ATV. I had to go to Kilgore, TX to get mine. I know Southside Honda's vintage department had a nice XS tracker build that at one time they wanted $6500 for it when I first saw it about 2 years ago, I believe last I saw they were down to $2500(I think) just a couple months back. As far as I know they still have it. Real nice bike.

I've considered throwing mine out for sale but always talk myself out of it. It's finally getting close to being done. Just keep your eye out, they're out there.

Yeah, I had a barn find I put up for sale untouched but it was like 3 or 4 weeks before someone wanted to give me what I was asking and by that time I had decided to keep it. They are scarce out here as well.

Yeah talked to a guy who posted one last night around LSU. Said he has a clean clear title, but it is in his neighbors name, although he does have a bill of sale.

Be sure to look that bike over pretty well man, the guy who has it seems pretty clueless. Perhaps the neighbor knows more.

That's the one I sent him the link to, glad to see you finally got one. Hope it all works out. I have a few spare parts laying around if you need. 7/8" drag bars, 18" spoked rear wheel(drum brake), set of pipes and I'm sure some other things.

Well i told the guy i would paypal him a deposit but he has no paypal so i asked him how he would like the deposit. I also asked him to verify the vin on the title and bike to make sure they matched that was thursday and i havent heard from him since.

Back