Wanted - XS 650 in louisiana

Wish I would've known, I was on LSU's campus from Friday to Sunday for the game so I probably could've went check it out depending on where he was.

The guy may have done you a favor to be honest. I think his price was a little high. He told me that he wouldn't take less than $400 for it and I told him that was too high for my taste. If he does get back to you, don't pay more than $500.

I just emailed him i am trying to get him to meet me halfway i am gonna get it for a parts bike if nothing else and i might be able to get the title hooked up. I have another guy that is getting a title for his bike i will probably get both.
I am probably gonna cut the neck off of one of these bikes and sent it to voodoo to build me a frame. I have big plans for this bike if i ever get one.LOL I want to do a bare bones bike, gonna send the motor to hugh for a rebuild,big bore kit and more i just need a bike so i can put my hands on it and get my mind rolling. I have a small cnc business plus powder coating so i plan on doing most of the work myself minus the frame and motor.

I have a small cnc business plus powder coating so i plan on doing most of the work myself minus the frame and motor.

We should become friends. :laugh:

I saw one posted on a FB page locally for sale as a parts bike. I'm trying to track it down.

Supposedly the title is in his neighbors name, the way he said it he implied that it wouldn't be hard to get fixed up for the buyer.

So umm, small world. My buddy just called me to tell me he bought a XS, the one in Baton Rouge and did get a title. Sorry man. There's one on Facebook but the guy wants $500. Locked up and no title.

I found the one on Facebook. Look up the Cajun Barter page. It should be near the top. It's damn sure not worth $500 but he won't let me talk some sense into him lol.

Well i thought i found one in texas, the clear title turned into the guy he got it from signed the title but didnt date it but he said i wouldnt have any trouble at the dmv.
These people just have no clue i cant under buying something and never transfer it in their name. So the search continues.............

Actually you should be ok with that. My XS had a Texas title. I bought it from the guy, he signed the back and away I went. I didn't transfer the title until just a couple weeks back after having the bike 2 years. All I had was the Texas title and a bill of sale that the guy wrote up on notebook paper with his name, signature, date, what he was selling and the vin# on it. The DMV here didn't give me any problems at all.

Did the guy who currently owns it sign his name to the back then not transfer it into his name? If so call the DMV and explain your sitiuation. They'll do what's called a Double Transfer. My brother bought a CR250 from a guy who had the title but never transfered it into his name. We had a notary notarize everything, the guy signed the back of the title showing he took posession, then signed again showing he sold it to my brother. They did a double transfer at the DMV, he had to pay taxes on his transfer as well as the other guy's transfer but tell them you bought a basket case for $100 and it won't be much. Call the DMV and ask how this works as you'll be transfering a title from Texas to Louisiana.

I know it sounds confusing but I hope this helps.

The title is not in the guys name selling it. The dmv requires that the title and a bill of sale be notarized. A notary isnt going to notarize it if the guy who signed it isnt there.

The problem with all these bikes is the last owner signed the title but nothing was notorized and never transfered to the new owner. If you have a notary that will do the paper work without the guy who signed it being there that would be great.

The title is not in the guys name selling it. The dmv requires that the title and a bill of sale be notarized. A notary isnt going to notarize it if the guy who signed it isnt there.

The problem with all these bikes is the last owner signed the title but nothing was notorized and never transfered to the new owner.

Maybe I caught them on a good day but I just transfered mine with only the Texas Title and a "Bill of Sale" written out on notebook paper. I thought they'd give me some crap but they didn't. Walked to the back and came back with my registration. Got the title in the mail last week. Pretty sure my buddy who bought the one out of Baton Rouge did the exact same thing, no notary either.

The people don't transfer it into their name because that is an extra expense that some people will avoid unless they absolutely have to get the bike in their name. Seen it many times.

As for the DMV, I have used quite a few and some will let things slide that others won't. With titles and buying a vehicle to keep, err on the side of caution and get what you need to get it registered. Don't mess around with hokey titles.

The hardtail is worth a look for sure, ad says it has a clear title.

Last edited:
Back