XS Physical Therapy

Mailman

Hardly a Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I have been laid up for the last five days with a bad back. Riding nothing but my recliner was making me crazy, so this morning I had to get out of the house.
I suited up and headed for the desert mountain foothills near my house. I ran through 30 miles of curves and rolling hills and farmland. It's funny how when your mind is completely occupied with making rapid fire calculations, trajectory, hand and foot controls, etc etc. My back pain was completely forgotten, and when I got home I still felt pumped up so I went on the treadmill and put on a couple more miles. Then it was a hot steamy shower and I felt better than I have in a week.
Is my back completely healed? No but I feel better than I did yesterday. I think tomorrow morning I may just have to make another appointment with Dr. Yamaha! :bike:

Way to go Bob. Nice to see the good Doctor came through again.
Don't lift anything heavier than a gas nozzle!

You might pay for today's ride in a day or two with more pain too..BTDT

As someone who also has back problems, it drove me crazy over the years to get all kinds of different recommendations from physical therapists as to what is the best "therapy". Then, one of my primary care physicians said, "moderate physical activity is the best medicine" for back pain, not rest. Get back on the horse, he said.
It has worked for me, and I hope it works for you.

It's a little bit homeopathic; a diluted touch of something that can break your back fixing your back.

As someone who also has back problems, it drove me crazy over the years to get all kinds of different recommendations from physical therapists as to what is the best "therapy". Then, one of my primary care physicians said, "moderate physical activity is the best medicine" for back pain, not rest. Get back on the horse, he said.
It has worked for me, and I hope it works for you.

That has been my experience as well. Back pain , unfortunately, is nothing new to me.
My work has always been physical, I don't usually take time off for it, usually I just throttle back and avoid the heavy stuff. I try to stay active and it has always resolved itself.

I have worked in a retirement community for 25 years now and you can see the patterns. Those who retire just to sit and watch TV all day decline rapidly. Those who stay engaged in life and practice an active lifestyle are much happier and healthier.
Stagnation is the enemy, much more so than old age.

Damn! Now Pete is going to say I'm an old fart talking about my orthopedic shoes and playing shuffle board!
:laughing:

" Those who retire just to sit and watch TV all day decline "
So true, Bob.

I imagine it will be many years before we see you on the shuffleboard court, but hey, I've heard that the game has some fringe benefits !

cdba27bb2c5c758834e3f6d14103d32f--napa-gil-elvgren.jpg

" Those who retire just to sit and watch TV all day decline "
So true, Bob.

I imagine it will be many years before we see you on the shuffleboard court, but hey, I've heard that the game has some fringe benefits !

cdba27bb2c5c758834e3f6d14103d32f--napa-gil-elvgren.jpg

Hey now! Where do I sign up? Lol :cool:

Hey now,,,, I wear orthopedics,,, insoles,,,hehheh
I don't look my age and I sure don't act it,,,
Have most of my hair n teeth,,,don't need a walker or a cane.
Work 7 days a week doing my job or taking care of the place,, got a 3 acre yard and a 170 year old house to maintain.
Ya GOTTA stay bust and occupied,, I have seen too many that retired just wither away and die because all they did was sit on the recliner and watch Springer.
Me?? I will probably stay at my job till I can't get up anymore. I like to work.

I'm thinking she was there for five minutes before she left with the guy driving the yellow GTO in the background.
Can anybody read the signature in that painting? I'm thinking he is kind of an amazing illustrator that I would like to look up.

P.S. there might be stuff going on with her arms that keeps him from being a genius, but there's nothing wrong with her legs....

Last edited:
You know I thought there was something familiar about the look of that painting, thanks Daniel for identifying the painter. He was a big time pin up girl artist but he also did some very recognizable advertising.
View attachment 105392
View attachment 105393
Wow, I just grabbed a picture, and I've ended up learning about an artist I knew nothing about previously. Interesting info !

Back