XS650 FEST & CHOPOFF "2016" (Chop It - Build It- Bring it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got to weld some more on the Dream Sickle frame.
4b7daa2e65409edc1ed77887cc054211.jpg

Off the jig.

28e02dfb1c68997434df33173b4d5535.jpg

Hey relic, frame is badass. Did you use a 650 neck or will it be a MSO frame?

Damn craaaaaig! Looking killer homie. Send me some shots of those foot controls? I need some ideas

Thanks Cody! Check out my insta. I probably have a million pics there, for the pegs I think I did 3/4" stainless round stock and welded on some 1" stainless balls. For the controls I did 1/2" carbon round stock and 3/4" balls and will get them chromed. Yours is looking cool too by the way!!

:bike:..........
Yes!!! Let me clarify, he has donated a frame, a freakin engine, a front wheel from an xs400, a rear hub assy, all the spacers and kick ass mirrors! And all ive given in return is my Netflix log in info! Hes good people....people.

Yes!!! Let me clarify, he has donated a frame, a freakin engine, a front wheel from an xs400, a rear hub assy, all the spacers and kick ass mirrors! And all ive given in return is my Netflix log in info! Hes good people....people.

Damn... I wonder what he would do for Amazon Prime!

well since i have til june 1st to enter my bike into the chopoff i think im gonna enter it and hopefully have the bike done in time. even if it doesnt have paint its my intention to make it!

thats what i was originally wanting to buy but they are out of business i believe. went with the voodoo vintage hardtail.

Yup, I got one of their Ardtail kits almost exactly 2 years ago. You can see the results by looking at my Big Red Devil album, or this pic.

The good: Beautiful kit, great lines, easy installation and well-thought-out construction with slugs where needed.

The bad: Some of the weld angles were off and had to be redone in the long run, and the promised 3 week delivery was 8.

I think they had a fantastic kit but weren't able to scale up production to meet demand. Guessing like many builders with a cool idea, they grew too quickly to maintain the momentum with the quality and throughput required. It's just my $.02. Might have been something unrelated. I tried to get a part from him in October, and Ardcore was gone. :-(

I hear John Ard is a real stand-up guy, and his custom motorcycles are works of art, so I hope he bounces back and we see him relaunch, better than ever.

April update: thought I had all my wiring done the other day so I rigged up a gasline to my carbs and kicked and kicked and kicked but got nothing....I grounded everything to my capacitor but forgot to ground the cap to the frame. Fixed that this morning and kicked it over to check my voltage to make sure it charged the cap and it kicked back pretty hard. So I kicked it again and it started! Scared the shit out of me because I had unhooked the gasline and everything. Guess I forgot about the gas in the bowls. So after a change of pants at 6 am I have to say I'm pretty excited. Never thought I'd see this day haha

April update: thought I had all my wiring done the other day so I rigged up a gasline to my carbs and kicked and kicked and kicked but got nothing....I grounded everything to my capacitor but forgot to ground the cap to the frame. Fixed that this morning and kicked it over to check my voltage to make sure it charged the cap and it kicked back pretty hard. So I kicked it again and it started! Scared the shit out of me because I had unhooked the gasline and everything. Guess I forgot about the gas in the bowls. So after a change of pants at 6 am I have to say I'm pretty excited. Never thought I'd see this day haha

YES!

There are going to be some killer bikes this year, can't wait to see them all...

Me? I've been so busy with HHB, that I doubt I'll have a new build done in time to ride it up there (im still committed to making the journey on 2 wheels)

Maybe I'll just get Slight Hell rebuilt, but even that is a tall task, she's down to the cases and a bare frame at this moment.

Hugh

YES!

There are going to be some killer bikes this year, can't wait to see them all...

Me? I've been so busy with HHB, that I doubt I'll have a new build done in time to ride it up there (im still committed to making the journey on 2 wheels)

Maybe I'll just get Slight Hell rebuilt, but even that is a tall task, she's down to the cases and a bare frame at this moment.

Hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back