For Sale - XS650 in frame, bare bones

Kenneth

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Yamaha XS650 Special, one engine in frame, frame is lowered for longer shocks. You'll have to put it all back together! I've got a set of new Progressive shocks, black, for it, those will be an extra $150. Bare bones, new steering head bearings, cleaned up swing arm. Two sets of discs for the brakes. New old stock K70 tyre on rear. Was running when I started cleaning up the frame. The engine had a little over 12,000 miles on it. The oil has been changed, the original carbs tossed and its been fogged. With title. Must pick up, in mid-Michigan. Can take Paypal. Write and I'll give you all the details. Thanks.

Asking $600.

I'm selling this because: I used to race these Flat Track professionally back in the 70's, I was building this one 'bobber' style to give it a tough look. I've been in a wheelchair since 1978 due to racing accident, and my Service Dog is about to retire. I need this money to purchase a new puppy and ship him here to Michigan.

For all the details please write to ottersong@e-mile.co.uk and I'll fill you in.

Last edited:
Interesting email address for someone who lives in Michigan..... New member, 1 post. Just saying....

That is a real mail server, a kind of anonymous one. Not saying this ad is bad, just a caution to be sure you know who you are dealing with if you get interested. sniff, sniff, hmm. No phone, no city, no history on here, bit of a story. Look if the guys for real I apologize all to hell, but still my antenna are wiggling here.

Ya....the spidey sense is on high alert. I know this seems like a dumb warning, but don't send any cash Paypal when you have to "pick it up" anyway. If it's legit, hand him the dough.

Hey guys,

I use e-mile email because its the most reliable private email I've ever found. I can give you my address in Columbiaville, Mi, and my phone number if you'd like to call me. Hotmail and Yahoo are not my idea of neat, easy email.

I don't usually throw out a phone number and address on the internet. And I do use British spelling, sorry about that.

Sorry if it made you suspicious, its just a good reliable free email service. I already sold the spare XS650 engine and I sent the extra frame to California. I just thought you guys would appreciate the offer. The engine was picked up and they paid me in cash, the frame had to be paypal as it was in California. That is why I mentioned it.

Sorry,
Ken

You "man"-d up and explained it Ken...that speaks highly of your character right there. Don't be sorry, just don't take offense when questions are asked as everyone tends to keep an eye out for each other.

There we have it. Thanks for the update Ken. I am not clear what is still for sale? Not for me but......

Pulling at the heart strings.........accident,wheelchair, and needs money for a service dog.

Bit sus:(

Explanation posted while i was writing this, On-ya Kennith, Apologies, This site has had a few malicious posts, No offense intended.

Back