XS850 front mudguard?

Its been a long time

Doesn't know nothing.
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm what I think is an XS850 mudguard (fender) on this XS650 please?

Thanks.

1000000897.jpg

Well, they're not quite the same. The 650 fender has sort of a brace built into it while some of the fenders for other models don't. I discovered this when I bought a used replacement for mine off eBay. They said it was from a 650 but it's not braced like a 650 fender. It fits fine but I don't know what it came off of. That's probably why the fork brace I added made such a difference, lol .....

78GaitersBrace.jpg

Well, they're not quite the same. The 650 fender has sort of a brace built into it while some of the fenders for other models don't. I discovered this when I bought a used replacement for mine off eBay. They said it was from a 650 but it's not braced like a 650 fender. It fits fine but I don't know what it came off of. That's probably why the fork brace I added made such a difference, lol .....

View attachment 256869
I haven’t figured out what the no brace fenders are for. XS650, 750, 850, 1100 are all braced, AFAIK. The larger displacement Specials do not interchange with the XS650 due to the difference in axle placement.
That aftermarket fender does not fit those larger Specials.

Last edited:
Back