Yamaha / Triumph tank badges, made by Resto, wanted!

Another option, if looking for the retro look, would be to consider using the older Thunderbird model integrated with the rendering you have just created. It could be printed "flat", in say silver/gray, and painted to match the paint on the tank. Knee pads would complete the look.

Attachments

• tbird.JPG
    tbird.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 32
My original tank badge (in the photo I shared above) is printed in black and then painted gold. It looks better in person, honestly, but Resto's logo is still better.

I just printed one using Prusa Galaxy Black PLA with Inland Silk Copper on top. At a glance it looks pretty good, but up close there are visible extrusion issues, which are almost certainly the result of me running an 0.6mm nozzle instead of a smaller 0.4mm size. I have the 0.6mm mounted to print tough parts, not pretty ones. I may swap to an 0.4mm nozzle and try it again just to see how it looks, but I don't have time for that now.

Attachments

• XS650 Resto Logo 20230911_115218 OL.jpg
    XS650 Resto Logo 20230911_115218 OL.jpg
    881.5 KB · Views: 31
My original tank badge (in the photo I shared above) is printed in black and then painted gold. It looks better in person, honestly, but Resto's logo is still better.

I just printed one using Prusa Galaxy Black PLA with Inland Silk Copper on top. At a glance it looks pretty good, but up close there are visible extrusion issues, which are almost certainly the result of me running an 0.6mm nozzle instead of a smaller 0.4mm size. I have the 0.6mm mounted to print tough parts, not pretty ones. I may swap to an 0.4mm nozzle and try it again just to see how it looks, but I don't have time for that now.
Amazing! You've done in half an hour what had taken me half a week.

Here's another one, a more modern one based on the more modern Triumph badges.
Also included a pic of the plastic master that I used to make the silicone molds with.

Attachments

• master2.JPG
    master2.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4507.JPG
    IMG_4507.JPG
    353.6 KB · Views: 29
Dear brothers
Could you please help me find this??
i really need
for father
but i am asian
so it's hard

Attachments

• 20905-1422047412-fd3862fca75e72124cafb0b9b96d95ba.jpg
    20905-1422047412-fd3862fca75e72124cafb0b9b96d95ba.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 22
  • fs8.JPG
    fs8.JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 26
Another option, if looking for the retro look, would be to consider using the older Thunderbird model integrated with the rendering you have just created. It could be printed "flat", in say silver/gray, and painted to match the paint on the tank. Knee pads would complete the look.
A good idea, but, as a Spanish girl I knew used to say, 'For me, No!' Takes me back to the days when I first rescued her. Miss November, that is, not the Spanish girl.

PICT1784.JPG

And I have little desire to go back . . .

Dear brothers
Could you please help me find this??
i really need
for father
but i am asian
so it's hard
Are you intending to put the badges on a stock Yamaha tank, or a real Triumph tank?
If it's a real Triumph tank, only the insert (with the lettering) is required. If it's a Yamaha tank, much more work is required. And as I've mentioned, I no longer have workable molds or any previously made blanks from the past (that was 10 years ago).
Perhaps there is a member out there with a pair (that I have sold them) that would be willing to part with them. I think I made about a dozen pairs back then.

-resto

Done. I'm not going to link the STL here, it's on my Printables.com page linked above.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I redrew this one rather more completely than the others; since it's a "modern" design I went with a replica font and redid the text, to make it crisp. Likewise, the "swoosh" is made using bezier curves, not cut and paste. But it's still Resto's design, just my rendering of it.

Attachments

• Resto's Modern Yamaha Swoosh Logo.png
    Resto's Modern Yamaha Swoosh Logo.png
    823.7 KB · Views: 27
This place is freakin' amazing! I have just enough experience in the area to fully appreciate the skill and effort involved in creating those files.

While I no longer have an XS, I downloaded the "swoosh" files anyway and will play with them. I expect my Ender 3 with the small nozzle will take roughly forever to print one, but I'll give it a whirl in a day or three when I get caught up on everything else.

I'm printing the one with the holes right now using my Ender 5 Plus with an 0.4mm nozzle at a 0.15mm layer height, and Cura tells me it's going to take two hours. Of course, with a filament change near the end it will take a bit longer (depending on how much attention I'm paying).

Back