Yambits' standard seat

arcticXS

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I have mentioned the reproduction seat from Yambits earlier, especially with regards to weight savings.
(due to plastic seat pan, and most likely lighter foam)
Here is a couple of pics of mine. It weighs 3.1 kg (6.83 lbs) including stock 77 hinges, latch and seat trim. The trim is not yet fitted, waiting on the studs and clips to arrive, also from Yambits.

Attachments

• IMG_20221115_164637_2.jpg
    IMG_20221115_164637_2.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20221115_164741_6.jpg
    IMG_20221115_164741_6.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 76
Do Yambits stock more than is on their website? I sometimes find stuff be searching that isn't in any of the drop down categories.

Do Yambits stock more than is on their website? I sometimes find stuff be searching that isn't in any of the drop down categories.
Sometimes items are hard to find. I guess you could call them if you do not find what you want in the webshop.

It weighs 3.1 kg (6.83 lbs) including stock 77 hinges, latch and seat trim.
I don't have a standard seat to compare to, but I just weighed my '80 Special seat... ready to install it weighs 9.0 lbs. So that's a little over 2lbs savings... about 25% lighter. Not bad. :)

I don't have a standard seat to compare to, but I just weighed my '80 Special seat... ready to install it weighs 9.0 lbs. So that's a little over 2lbs savings... about 25% lighter. Not bad. :)
In general, the seats on newer bikes are much lighter. And most have some kind of thermoplastic base. XT250, Ducati Monster and ST2, and a Suzuki GN125 are examples from my random "collection" I am pretty sure that if the Yambits seat was made like those, it would be maybe 1.5 or 2 kg........

Just a quick update. My stock 77 standard seat, WITHOUT hinges and latch, but with Chrome trim weighs 4,030 kg. So yes, the Yambits seat is a little more than 2 lbs/ 1 kg lighter than stock. Not a dramatic difference, but at least in the right direction. Which is not always the case with aftermarket parts. The Corbin seat I got for the Ducati Monster in the 90s was quite a bit heavier than the stock seat. But definitely more comfy!

Yep. I too looked for specific items from the drop down and failed to find them. I just start at XS650 and go through the lot; and find whet I need.
Website is a bit clunky but they are a good company to deal with overall.

Back