Yeah Right! More Craigslist Bloopers

You know what's really trashy, I just found a 14" spoked car wheel with a knock off center that's calling me to attempt to put it on a motorcycle.....If I build the motorcycle I use as lawn art, I think I'll include that wheel.:bike:

You know what's really trashy, I just found a 14" spoked car wheel with a knock off center that's calling me to attempt to put it on a motorcycle.....If I build the motorcycle I use as lawn art, I think I'll include that wheel.:bike:

I can't use any metals in lawn art where I live as it will end up getting stolen and sold to the scrap yards.

If I run a car wheel I'll have to machine a new axle and a few other components. To save space I'm looking at utilizing the sprocket as the disk brake. This crazy idea is starting to come together in my head.

If I run a car wheel I'll have to machine a new axle and a few other components. To save space I'm looking at utilizing the sprocket as the disk brake. This crazy idea is starting to come together in my head.

I've considered that same idea for my motorized bicycles but what about chain lube getting on the brake?

Good question. I looked at Exile Cycles sprocket/disk brake kit and they claim that one could run o-ring chains that don't require lube or, when lubing the chain to be careful and wipe excess lube off. They say the lube flies off and away from the sprocket when the bike is running and contamination mostly occurs when one is applying lube to the chain anyway. It's a tough call but an interesting part.

Good question. I looked at Exile Cycles sprocket/disk brake kit and they claim that one could run o-ring chains that don't require lube or, when lubing the chain to be careful and wipe excess lube off. They say the lube flies off and away from the sprocket when the bike is running and contamination mostly occurs when one is applying lube to the chain anyway. It's a tough call but an interesting part.

I forgot about centrifugal force. A wax type of lube like I'm currently using on my o ring chain might do well also.

Back