Alfredo's Build Thread

When you do spacing it out a bit allows more air to flow through. This helps keep the alternator cool, cooler = longer lasting.
Leo

No bike, yet. Owning a home costs a lot more than just the mortgage payment. But I am on the look and slowly, very slowly, beginning to pull some parts together.

No bike, yet. Owning a home costs a lot more than just the mortgage payment. But I am on the look and slowly, very slowly, beginning to pull some parts together.

There is a salvage yard in Richmond. Has a few 650s. None complete and all almost certainly smoked engines, but good for frames and engine parts. I plan on going up soon to grab some highway bars I saw.

Can you send that info to me in a PM? As far as parts, a frame is at least a start. Might be worth a drive up in my truck to check out what they have. Then again, I could probably fit a frame and some parts in the back of my geo.

Alfredo, what front brake master cylinder setup are you running with your 1 inch bars? Also what kind of risers are you rocking to accommodate the bars?

Alfredo, what front brake master cylinder setup are you running with your 1 inch bars? Also what kind of risers are you rocking to accommodate the bars?

It's an aftermarket cheapie 1" front master cylinder. It's been so long, that I can't remember where I ordered it from, but it was about $40 new. As for the risers, they are the stock xs650. I put them in my vise and used hand files to remove material from them. I had the 1" bars taped up and kept test fitting until they were in good.

Spent some time digging through my emails and found the receipt. This is what the from master cylinder is. Their site looks like crap and it's almost too cheap to believe, but the product works great.

Hope that helps.

Oh yeah, one more thing dude.

What did you use for your clutch perch and lever?

It's an aluminum generic 7/8ths one. I heated it in an oven on 300 degrees then put a piece of 1" od in a vice and slowly hammered it to mate with it. Then heated again and cooled in warm water.

Worked great and basically had to because all the 1" simple controls I found were $100+ dollars and there was no way I was spending that kind of money.

Back