budget tig welders, whatcha got?

shotgunjoe

XS650 Hunter
Reaction score
So I just bought a new welder from a company called Longevity, I got the tigweld 200sx. I love this machine! The shipping ended up taking a little longer than I was promised... but longevity made it up to me by upgrading it to 2day shipping! How many companies do stuff like that theses days?

Its got a 5yr parts and labor warranty, and despite a couple unsatisfied customers, it looks like Longevity really stands by their product. I checked them out with BBB before buying, and they have an A rating.

For under $850 shipped, all I had to buy was a bottle and some rod and I was welding. Theres cheaper tig welders, and even ones that will do ac, but for me it came down to the warranty and the fact that they actually honor it.

Glad to answer questions and maybe let you try it.

Btw... its 110v/220v, so you dont have hire an electrician if you choose.

Anyone have any experience with this company or any others for that matter? Ive used blue and red machines, as well as others... but the under $1000 market seems like what most home builders want and even used I couldn't find decent machine watching craigslist for months.

Joe

I got this old Miller Syncrowave 250 a few years back...230/480 VAC Single Phase unit...... $800 Great welder...

temporary-10.jpg

Bought an Everlast i-tig 200 last year... it's a DC only 220v, but grab it for 650$!! It a decent box with couple nice feature like pulse, lift and HF start,... As a beginner with tig I'm happy with it, after going down some more project i'll probably set it up in a corner for welding exhaust only and get and bigger 250+ amps AC/DC unit beside the work table!!

Found a newer Miller synchrowave 180 5 hours run time on a cart, with supplies, 220 hook up, and a bottle I'm in it about 1100 So far I suck at TIG though. I think I blame my old eyes. It's so easy to just pick up the MIG and lay bead. So the TIG keeps getting the round tuit treatment.

I got this old Miller Syncrowave 250 a few years back...230/480 VAC Single Phase unit...... $800 Great welder...

Nice, a friend has the same welder, he paid a lot more though, lol.

Bought an eastwood 200ac dc awhile back but I still have to get some 220 installed in the new garage.

Doesn't the eastwood do 110v like the longevity 200sx?

Bought an Everlast i-tig 200 last year... it's a DC only 220v, but grab it for 650$!! It a decent box with couple nice feature like pulse, lift and HF start,... As a beginner with tig I'm happy with it, after going down some more project i'll probably set it up in a corner for welding exhaust only and get and bigger 250+ amps AC/DC unit beside the work table!!

I seriously considered everlast, in the end for me, price vs price, the warranty got me... lol.

Found a newer Miller synchrowave 180 5 hours run time on a cart, with supplies, 220 hook up, and a bottle I'm in it about 1100 So far I suck at TIG though. I think I blame my old eyes. It's so easy to just pick up the MIG and lay bead. So the TIG keeps getting the round tuit treatment.

I suck at tig too... but I am teaching myself, so blind leading the blind so to speak.

IMG_20130227_131950.jpg

Oh... on a side note, I haven't worn glasses in 20 years... turns out I needed them so I can stop melting my lense. Now the trick is breaking the habit of sticking my face so close now that I can see.

I seriously considered everlast, in the end for me, price vs price, the warranty got me... lol.

It's basically two really similar brand, what's made me lean for one was the proximity of the nearest dealer in Canada (300 miles vs 1500) cheaper to ship if it breaks! lol :shrug:

Sweet! Thats what I was affraid of as well, so I had planned on buying a 220v extension, but the longevity machine came with 20ft leads!

Back