Got a new Toy this weekend, a Welder

I can personally vouch for the blue flame helmets from HF. I've got 3 of them in the garage. Better response time than many of the $300+ millers I looked at originally. I still have the very first one I bought probably 5 years ago now, still works perfectly. Can't say enough good things about'em.

And now that you have a welder, there's a million small tasks you can do yourself -- in surprisingly short time. Always helpful.

Dave

Congrats on the score. I picked up a little Century 110 welder a few years ago and man its been handy. I have the black HF auto dark helmet with no complaints. And have been keeping my eyes open for scrap on the curb to practice with make a cart.

Last weekend I got the blue flame HF helmet, some gloves, chipper hammer, and mig pliers. Played with it for an hour or so on some scrap. It didn't have the recommended setting printed on the inside of the door. I did find a manual online, but forgot to print it off. So I just played with the settings.

Dang my welds look awful. I don't blame the machine. I blame my inexperience and using flux core instead of full mig. The welder will take a bottle, just need to make the investment.

Keep practicing. I also suck at it. Is the gun a hot start? My little century is and will also except gas but for now I will still use fluxcore to practice.

Back