Build Thread...Special to Cafe Bike

True but I weigh that against having to constantly plan "if my [every vehicle I own] quits here..."
It's time for something reliable and darn it... I deserve it!

YES - you certainly do. That is why I have the ST1300 - complex, but as reliable as a concrete block <fingers crossed> and it GLH!

I don't know how bright these are or can be, but they are very attractive for a cafe project like yours Pete.:popcorn:

X20Dm4-7JNe8dpDxqk7cAYXPUb06C-ZUNBRz8_S0A&usqp=CAc.png

You may encounter a small issue with the SR500 caliper if the 1100 discs are 7mm thick just like the 650 ones. The SR500 disc is only 5mm thick. You may encounter a problem fitting a 7mm disc up into the SR500 caliper but the "fix" is simple. There are a couple little sheet metal shims on the caliper bracket. The slot on them is narrower on the SR500 set-up because the disc is narrower .....

full

All you need to do is change those parts to the wider ones used for 7mm thick discs .....

full

Get your knee done Pete. Do the physio right and get mobile again. A regular early morning constitutional, cut out the sugar and butter, (I didn't say the beer - I'm an Australian! However; I do only drink on weekends nowadays), lose a little of that "winter condition" and then, attack the cafe build. Spend 2 or 3 months on your health and the rest of your life you can spend on your passion. Had a few issues myself over the last 12 months but I'm on top now and back in the game and guess what? The XS was exactly where I left her, just 6 months older! I may not remember where everything goes but that's why I have you good fellows. So...... bon chance mon ami!
Now where the hell's my torque wrench??

Get your knee done Pete. Do the physio right and get mobile again. A regular early morning constitutional, cut out the sugar and butter, (I didn't say the beer - I'm an Australian! However; I do only drink on weekends nowadays), lose a little of that "winter condition" and then, attack the cafe build. Spend 2 or 3 months on your health and the rest of your life you can spend on your passion. Had a few issues myself over the last 12 months but I'm on top now and back in the game and guess what? The XS was exactly where I left her, just 6 months older! I may not remember where everything goes but that's why I have you good fellows. So...... bon chance mon ami!
Now where the hell's my torque wrench??
Great to see you, David !!

....that’s why I always start conversations with one of the following phrases:
  • Yes dear
  • You are, of course, correct on that point
  • I’m sorry
  • I’m deeply sorry
  • I couldn’t be more sorry
  • I’ll go get the knife so that you can complete the job.
...and yes, I bought a little el-cheapo ceiling mounted heater but I’ve always found that if I can keep moving, the garage isn’t too bad even in the dead of winter (although last winter really was exceptional).

My knee job is scheduled for mid-Feb and until then I’m trying to conserve energy and clean up the DCW so that I don’t trip over anything.

Cheers,

Pete

Back