central minnesota

I would like to do the floodrun tomorrow but I dont know that any of my bikes are up for it besides the bagger and that is not nearly as much fun as one of the Bobber/Chops. You going for sure?

got my vm34's from 650 central on the bike this week. holy shit what a differance!! i'm gunna have to put a 18 tooth on the front i cant evan get the throttle twisted all the way and i gotta shift into 2nd. those carbs are ausome!!!! also i got a whole pile of parts so if anyone needs anything let me know.

Hey there. My neighbor has a '75 xs650 that he is giving away. The front end was wrecked about 15 years ago and has been sitting in his garage since then (unrepaired and now rusty). I don't want it cuz I'm moving and trying to minimize my shit and its pretty rusty (wheels, spokes, exaust, probably everything) PM me about this, I know he's still got it. There is no title.

Last edited:
Anyone need stock parts in trade for some chop/bob parts? Im looking for a tank, fender, and sprung solo seat. I have some parts posted in the classifieds section if you want to take a look at what I have. 77 XS parts

Hey there. My neighbor has a '75 xs650 that he is giving away. The front end was wrecked about 15 years ago and has been sitting in his garage since then (unrepaired and now rusty). I don't want it cuz I'm moving and trying to minimize my shit and its pretty rusty (wheels, spokes, exaust, probably everything) PM me about this, I know he's still got it. There is no title.

Thanks everyone who responded. My neighbor was happy to see that it got a new, good home. Keep us posted, Yamchop.

SOLD. . . . 6-30-10

Thinking about selling my Honda CB 550 chopper, any of you local boys interested?

Hard tail Amen Savior frame, twisted springer front end, 2 spare motors, Mac drag pipes, and Clean and Clear title in my name. Bike was dissasembled for restore to add to the collection but I have not had the time. The 650's and 110's are taking all of my spare time and I really dont have the ambition to get to this one. I put thousands of miles on this last summer before I tore it down, rode pretty good for an old school chop. Motor is in the rolling chassis, a few hours of good hard work and you could be on the road.

Looking to get 1000.00 for it or its not worth parting with the Amen Frame. The hardtails are extremely hard to come by.

I may also be interested in a trade for a titled XS 650, shape is pretty irrelevant as long as it runs and has a legit title. I need another donor for the next project.

Attachments

• 3 12 10 001.jpg
    3 12 10 001.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Sorry I missed your post man. We did do the Floodrun. 35 south to Alma, then back up. Hit the scenic overlook down there.

Floddrun016.jpg

Wish I had the $$ for your chopper. Got too many projects as is right now, and my wife would probably be pissed if I added a 5th bike to the stable right now LOL

FREE PARTS

Alright guys, picked up another parts bike last night. It was a freebie; motor has a rod hanging out the side of the block but if there are any specific parts that you guys are looking for let me know. Parts that I am not using are FREE for the taking. Bike will be getting stripped tonight and whatever I am not using will be in a scrap tank before the end of the weekend. If you want it; come and get it.

Funny that you ask, I havent even looked. Im thinking it is an 80, drum rear brake, spoked wheels, instinct is telling me either an XS or heritage. I will check and confirm this when I get back to the shack.

I want the following:
Heads, wheel set, fork, carbs, frame.

The rest is there for the taking. I may part with the carbs if you are seriously in need of a set but they are in really rough shape. I DO NOT know the condition of any of the parts as of yet, I have barely even looked at the thing. I know that a rod knocked a hole in the case/cyl though, that much is obvious.

I have a bunch of XS650 parts i'm willing to sell or trade.

6 inch over forks for a 77 with wheel and new tire. They have new seals and look absolutely perfect.

77 tank in blue, no dents, good paint. No key.

chrome lowering kit for the shocks.

Brand new 2 into 1 chrome header and muffler system made by Alphabet in the 70's. Never installed, with header flanges. Not a scratch on it.

New points. Used coils, advance rods and advance units, points plate.

Clutch

Head and cam for a 77.

New 447 pistons.

Other misc stuff.

Looking for a complete motor to rebuild, some styles of Amal carbs. Clip ons for 34mm. Dyno time.

The lowering kit is a chromed do-hicky that moves the bottom of the shock back about 2 1/2 inches. It bolts to where the bottom of the shock would go on the swingarm and then the shock bolts to it. These were popular in the 70's. Today we can buy shorter shocks, but it looks pretty cool.

Ok guys got the bike stripped an have the following for any of you to come and pick up. Air Box - both halfs and center peice to connect them.
Complete wiring harness with everything that was on the bike. (J Ray gets 1st Dibbs on this)
Front Brake set up including everything but the disc.
Carb Holders
Head Pipes, have mufflers on them and they appear to be welded on. Not sure if this was factory for a bike of this year or not??
You get the idea.

If there is something specific that you are looking for drop me a PM or give me a call 763-286-8404 Again Parts are free, take one or take all. First come first serve. I dont have pics of the parts and wont be taking any. They are free, what more could you ask for??

Last edited:
Ottis, where are you located.

I have some carbs and air boxes from a 72 for sale too, really clean, ran well last year with them. Also two sets of carb holders from 72 and 77, also the carbs from a 77, they're not clean but the diaphrams are good.

i have a 75 i'm gunna start to strip. anyone need anything for that year let me know. i'm gunna keep the engine carbs frame and wheels. anything else is fare game.

Back