Commando opinions.

I am installing the same Commando mufflers and saw these reducer collars on Mikes. They fit the muffler tight and the header snug. I don't think they will clasp tight though, so I'm thinking go welding the gap (big leak waiting to happen) and cutting several slits up to the collar end. Might just try it without doing this 1st. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• reducer.jpg
    reducer.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 139
I am installing the same Commando mufflers and saw these reducer collars on Mikes. They fit the muffler tight and the header snug. I don't think they will clasp tight though, so I'm thinking go welding the gap (big leak waiting to happen) and cutting several slits up to the collar end. Might just try it without doing this 1st. Any thoughts?
If you can weld, , what I did with mine was bought some conical pieces that went from 1 1/2 to 2 inches, cut them down, and welded them in between the factory pipe and a short piece of 1 3/4 inch pipe. Then I just slipped the (admittedly different from the Commando) mufflers onto the 1 3/4 pipe section. It was more complicated than the slip on reducers, but it looks way better and will never leak.

If you can weld, , what I did with mine was bought some conical pieces that went from 1 1/2 to 2 inches, cut them down, and welded them in between the factory pipe and a short piece of 1 3/4 inch pipe. Then I just slipped the (admittedly different from the Commando) mufflers onto the 1 3/4 pipe section. It was more complicated than the slip on reducers, but it looks way better and will never leak.

Haha, not a good welder, but a great grinder..........

Back