Curse the petcocks! Or maybe just the philips head screws. Or something...

I don't know but they aren't as pliable as the original black rubber ones. I got them from Mike's XS. They are dark brown and have a prominent bead around the outer edge that projects on both faces of the gasket. I think i'll test them with an I.V. of gas before installing them in the tank.

Old thread but the closest I could find relating to my issue. My petcock is the early non vacuum type. The lever is very stiff even when the face plate screws are barely tightened. Can I grease the wave washer without causing issues?

When I tear down a petcock I sand the lever on the sealing side. Almost a polish you might say.
I buy a light synthetic grease from Harbor freight. Super Lube by name. It comes in a small tube kinda like tooth paste. This grease works well for lots of things. In this case a thin coat on the lever sealing side as well as the 4 hole rubber part. This helps the lever turn easier.
I use this grease as a gasket sealer too. A thin coat on both sides of the gasket. Anti Sieze works well here to.
It works well on electrical connections too.
Leo

Back