Dakota tracker

The rubber in my foot rests was shot so I turned some delrin bungs to replace the rubber. I made them a bit loose thinking I could get some movement like the rubber but they are solid(may have to loosen them up a bit more). I guess we will see how buzzy it is when we get it going.

Attachments

• DSC02461.jpg
    DSC02461.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 162
The tracker is changing colors again. We got some warm weather today so I layed down my white base coat and started masking for the yellow that will soon be applied. Im getting ready to go spray the yellow then the kenny roberts style black squares and clear coat after that.

Attachments

• DSC02462.jpg
    DSC02462.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC02464.jpg
    DSC02464.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 177
  • DSC02465.jpg
    DSC02465.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 209
Shes yellow. Have to wait on the black until next week.

Attachments

• DSC02466.jpg
    DSC02466.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 250
  • DSC02467.jpg
    DSC02467.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 198
  • DSC02468.jpg
    DSC02468.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 190
Yelliw she is looking like a yamaha. What exactly are you using for paint Rusty?
Hey Donny, I,m using Wanda base coat clear coat. I think Wanda products are a mid range paint, It cost me 100 bucks for the three colors. The yellow is 95 chevrolet corvette or they also call it competition yellow, the white was also a chevrolet color and black it black. All my paint friends told me to base coat white to get a bright yellow since the epa has taken out all the good stuff in the paints.

Looks great!:thumbsup:

I used 'Performance Yellow' from Summit Racing. It's a single stage and at about $22 for the quart, it's priced right for me. It may not be exactly correct to the Yamaha 'yellow', but it looks close enough.

Looks great!:thumbsup:

I used 'Performance Yellow' from Summit Racing. It's a single stage and at about $22 for the quart, it's priced right for me. It may not be exactly correct to the Yamaha 'yellow', but it looks close enough.
Thanks hoff, I,m not to concerned about having the right color yellow either. I know a guy with a 34 dodge street rod that is painted the corvette yellow and I really liked it, so that's why I picked this color. I can't wait to get started masking for the black squares but that will have to wait until work slows down a bit.

Started masking for the Kenny Roberts style paint job. I have one side done and will try to get the other side done to day. Its been a long time since I have layed out graphics, what a pain in the ass I must have pulled tape off 3 or 4 time before I was happy.

Attachments

• DSC02595.jpg
    DSC02595.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC02594.jpg
    DSC02594.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 167
  • DSC02593.jpg
    DSC02593.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 193
Rusty, Man that is looking sharp and so is your property man I can't wait to get there again. Hey thanks for the pics over in Rich's thread on the wheel and swing arm. I have one more question how tall is your tire? does it measure 27' or is it much more?

Thanks Donny, Like I said before if your coming back to the rally I have a big shop and plenty room to put you up. Its hard to tell about the tire(being in the swing arm) but it looks to be around 27 1/4 to 27 1/2.

That is too cool Rusty, a couple of us debated up until the other day about going this year but you never know. Hollywood still wants to go pretty bad he has had the opportunity to travel the country this year with his show and meet some of the big time bike builders. I GREATLY :thumbsup: appreciate the offer and I will take you up on it here in the next.....few months......next year or two for sure.

That is close enough on the tire measurement that is all I went and did. I just not want to hear its 28.5" I would then be FTFO!!! :yikes:

Sprayed the black after work today. I have to do a few touch ups, some color sanding and lay down a few coats of clear. It came out better than I expected.

Attachments

• DSC02603.jpg
    DSC02603.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 190
  • DSC02604.jpg
    DSC02604.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 213
  • DSC02605.jpg
    DSC02605.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC02606.jpg
    DSC02606.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 180
  • DSC02607.jpg
    DSC02607.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 157
Thanks guys, It has an optical illusion on the seat pan. I layed out all the checkers at an angle but on the seat pan they wrap around the top so when you look at it from the front they look square instead of angled. I guess I'm to anal retentive.

You know I saw the same thing but when you look at all the pictures from all of the angles you can see the layout is right, funny how that stuff works out.

Back