Death traps Builds

650Skull

Cockytoo
Top Contributor
Reaction score
There are regular posts about the ridiculous prices on ebay and such for Xs650 parts.

I came across this bike made by Vintage Customs featured in this blog.............http://www.hellkustom.com/2014/02/yamaha-xs650-1972-by-vintage-customs.html.

Nice front brake set up:umm:...............Who says you can't have a 35mm front caliper and rotor on a 34mm fork:yikes::doh:

I take back every thing i said about the Fong Bros builds :whistle:
5874219017_6210195f1a_b%5B4%5D.jpg

5874774794_489f212dce_b[4].jpg

5874216009_59b820b913_b%5B4%5D.jpg

5874775736_2c02f910c6_b%5B7%5D.jpg

The rotors aren’t even the same side to side....

Aaaaaaggggghhhhh - my eyes!!

That poor old motorcycle - quick, somebody shoot it!

rear caliper.jpg

Here ya go... Rear caliper on a 1975 left-side fork. The brake rod hole in the caliper bolts to the top caliper tab on the fork. Shave the bottom caliper tab and the bottom fender stay off of the fork, ditch the speedo gear, and it looks like the axle hole in the caliper will line up perfectly. I'd say that's how it's done. Actually a pretty clever idea if you're trying to be different.

Actually a pretty clever idea if you're trying to be different.

...or you haven't got anything better to do with your time..........................................like source a caliper that fits the mounting brackets already there.

Clearly they are taking the pi*s by creating something so devoid of any merit and waiting to see how many moron's rave about it.
A bit like a lot of the cr*p that the art world produces that would shame a ten year old and then folk with more money than sense to part seven figure sums for it! :wtf:
7899c03f2bee1d5292d592b08cdcf3e5.jpg

This was painted by and artist (and I use the tern in the loosest possible sense) by Rosie Wylie.
Some of you may think she is an eight year old.
You would be wrong, she is eighty three and has an MA from the Royal College of Art and is also a member of the Royal Academy. It beggars belief.

Rant over.

Well, I’m not trying to ignite a debate about art - but check out Voices of Fire, which is proudly owned by the people of Canada after being purchased by our National Gallery in Ottawa for $1.8 million dollars.
0E0592D7-FEF3-4DE8-811B-981B957E4301.jpeg

It isn’t known whether that was $1.8M USD or CAD - but does it really matter?

You should be aware that there was some controversy several years back when it was discovered that those philistines at the NAC had displayed this wise purchase upside down.

Stupid gits - how could they have been so careless with this masterpiece?

Bloody shocking!

That's not too funny because there are two builders here in the us that mix and match stuff up all the time . One sells his bikes with only front brakes and the other well you have to look yourself. But both sell and not cheap. So you can laugh at this bike but it took some thinking or a couple beers and he got it done.
That's why they are called choppers LOL
AFTER HOURS BIKES look them up

Nope. No comment. Not gonna do it. Every time I've pointed out that calling a disabled motorcycle a "build" is an oxymoron, some chopjocky has thrown a tantrum that would shame a little girl. It's embarrassing to witness it. Not gonna go there again, I swear I'm not!

Nope. No comment. Not gonna do it. Every time I've pointed out that calling a disabled motorcycle a "build" is an oxymoron, some chopjocky has thrown a tantrum that would shame a little girl. It's embarrassing to witness it. Not gonna go there again, I swear I'm not!

Oh come on - you know you want to Grizld1.

No, Max, I'm not gonna do it! I flat refuse to point out the difference between the fine arts and the applied arts. I will not explore the similarities between a motorcycle builder who trashes the suspension on a bike and says he's expressing himself creatively and a home builder who leaves off the roof and claims he's following his artistic vision. Been there, done that, used the ugly T-shirt for a shop rag.Those guys have tender feelings, and we have to take care not to write hurtful things that could give offense.

Some people, who are offended by criticism, deserve to be offended. Part of the problem in today's society is people are too damned thin-skinned. You might hurt someone's feelings??? Speak your mind. You know what they say about opinions.... :wink2:

Back