Wanted - Desperate for a TCI charging rotor

Furious D

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I am in need of a good used charging rotor for an 81 with TCI.

I had sent mine in to TPE and was sent back the wrong style. After a month I cant get in touch with Tim Parrot, Wont return my emails and for the last couple days both lines are busy so I fear I wont be getting the one I have already paid him for.

I do have a rebuilt one for non-TCI that I would trade for a good TCI one or will buy yours outright.

No used ones out there I guess.

How about a rebuildable core? Anyone got one? I dont have a TCI core that I can get rewound , I guess my only option now is to buy one and eat the core charge .

I dont like to talk bad about folks but I would be cautious before giving TPE or Tim Parrot any money.

I started this process over a month ago and everything was fine until I was sent the wrong rotor. Since then I have only gotten an e-mail stating that He would take care of it but since the end of May I have heard nothing. I tried to contact him about a dozen times with no luck . I guess my only option now is to contact Paypal and try and get my money back. I hate that it had to come to this but I ont know what else to do.

Im about to advertise the complete TCI core , generator/alternator, harness & ignition box, Im in the UK though....

Furious that just sucks. Good luck with the dispute.
I would make the return of your TCI rotor part of it.
You may just have to bite the core charge to get one.
Or bump this occasionally and maybe someone will see it.
I haven't checked e-bay for awhile. Talk about sticker shock.
Maybe a pamco would work with an older point rotor being the best of a bad situation?

Thanks to all .. Looks like I have found one..

Hopefully if all goes well I will have this bike back on the road next week.:thumbsup:

Back