favorite pics of previous owner carnage!

deadchef

xsbobblehead
Reaction score
i was browsing some old pics today and thought it would be fun to start a thread 'showcasing' some of our beloved previous owner's handywork or lack of. please feel free to post your fav's!

some of these i've posted before...
C244B4AA.jpg

C73931DC.jpg

0CDEDB48.jpg

this is from a little ktm 50. the po had welded on the kickstarter. :wtf:

90368C74.jpg

Haha here is an air box from a kz550 I picked up.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374102042608.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374102042608.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 336
  • uploadfromtaptalk1374102071398.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374102071398.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 291
  • uploadfromtaptalk1374102108262.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374102108262.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 271
Well, I suppose this counts. On this particular bike, the P.O. spray bombed the motor while it was still in the frame with everything attached. The clean top of the spark plug indicates the plug cap and wire got spray bombed too, lol .....

MattBeforeHead3.jpg

With the carbs still installed, the paint didn't reach between them .....

MattBeforeHead4.jpg

The couple bikes I'm helping guys with now are perfect examples of P.O. ineptitude, neglect, abuse, and downright stupidity. Afraid I don't have any pics of that stuff but maybe I'll try and get some. We've fixed much of it already.

Self explanatory. :wink2:

ggj, that sucks. did you buy it that way?

I'm going to just post my entire bike.... Cause :wtf:

firerunner, i've seen much worse. looks like your po at least upgraded to dual front disc brakes. lol!

Haha here is an air box from a kz550 I picked up.

wtf? that looks like a container you would have in your fridge! lol!

Well, I suppose this counts. On this particular bike, the P.O. spray bombed the motor while it was still in the frame with everything attached. The clean top of the spark plug indicates the plug cap and wire got spray bombed too, lol .....

MattBeforeHead3.jpg

With the carbs still installed, the paint didn't reach between them .....

MattBeforeHead4.jpg

The couple bikes I'm helping guys with now are perfect examples of P.O. ineptitude, neglect, abuse, and downright stupidity. Afraid I don't have any pics of that stuff but maybe I'll try and get some. We've fixed much of it already.

ah, the infamous black rattle bomb paint job. very classy! :laugh:

Yep, I bought mine that way (Ebay). I was told it had a dead cylinder. I was crossing my fingers that it was nothing serious, but secretly I was hoping for the worst so I could justify an engine build.

Mine had been disasembled by two teenage kids who planned to put the engine in a go kart. The funniest part is that they had swiped one of those big plastic flower pots from mom to store all the bolts etc in and it was all greasy, she raised HELL with them when she saw it going away in my trailer. :laugh:

I wish I had pics of some of the crap I've had to fix on old Brit cars. I'm talking lamp 'zip cord' and wire nuts, drywall screws, coarse thread bolts in fine thread holes, all kinds of stuff. The most scary one was on my current race car, it was an improperly installed rear brake line. The flared end of the rigid metal line was threaded directly into a 37 degree AN swivel nut with no adapter fitting, it surprises me that it held at all.

There's only one thing worse than P.Os and that's kid P.O.s, lol.

Mine had been disasembled by two teenage kids who planned to put the engine in a go kart. The funniest part is that they had swiped one of those big plastic flower pots from mom to store all the bolts etc in and it was all greasy, she raised HELL with them when she saw it going away in my trailer. :laugh:

I wish I had pics of some of the crap I've had to fix on old Brit cars. I'm talking lamp 'zip cord' and wire nuts, drywall screws, coarse thread bolts in fine thread holes, all kinds of stuff. The most scary one was on my current race car, it was an improperly installed rear brake line. The flared end of the rigid metal line was threaded directly into a 37 degree AN swivel nut with no adapter fitting, it surprises me that it held at all.

cosmetics can always be fixed but it's the half-assed work on safety features that blow my mind.

It may not be a nice thing to say but I'm afraid it's true. Kids have no business working on motor vehicles (or most anything for that matter) without adult supervision. Unfortunately, many of these "adults" fall into the above "P.O." category, lol. It's the blind leading the blind.

They took off the seat and welled springs to the frame and put a solo seat on it than put a cafe seat on lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 299
O yea and they drake off the foot rest bults in the frame both sides here's the cafe seat they put on it to hide the stuff

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 249
Agree - but we all had to start somewhere....

It may not be a nice thing to say but I'm afraid it's true. Kids have no business working on motor vehicles (or most anything for that matter) without adult supervision. Unfortunately, many of these "adults" fall into the above "P.O." category, lol. It's the blind leading the blind.

I've worked on more airplanes than I have bikes, and they make more sense. So I have to say I agree with hotdog there, we all have to start somewhere.

Back