Got stranded for the first time yesterday (ever), baffled yet again, help???

I'm still wondering if you are wiring this up incorrectly for the replacement regulator.

I still haven't had a chance to research this properly but I read somewhere some of the later type regulators require the brushes on the stator to be electrically insulated from the metal of the stator. ie you need to use plastic screws to fix the brushes to the stator .

Nylon/plastic screws are for the older models.

Like I said, if it was wired incorrectly in any way, the original regulator would not work. Or, I would be having issues with other electronic components (which I'm not). Again, it's pretty hard to muck up....OEM plug in OEM harness. Ultimately that is what led me to conclude the problem was not in the wiring.

The new regulator is supposed to be OEM, aka direct replacement. Other than looking newer and different-color heatsink, the two are identical.

Nylon/plastic screws are for the older models.

Like I said, if it was wired incorrectly in any way, the original regulator would not work. Or, I would be having issues with other electronic components (which I'm not). Again, it's pretty hard to muck up....OEM plug in OEM harness. Ultimately that is what led me to conclude the problem was not in the wiring.

The new regulator is supposed to be OEM, aka direct replacement. Other than looking newer and different-color heatsink, the two are identical.

wow you sure do come across as an arrogant sob . I've spent hours trying to help you and identified your rotor problem but haven't had any thanks yet.

As you seem to
'know' it all already why ask for advice at all ?:shrug:

wow you sure do come across as an arrogant sob . I've spent hours trying to help you and identified your rotor problem but haven't had any thanks yet.

As you seem to
'know' it all already why ask for advice at all ?:shrug:
False.
Anyway, thanks to peanut and everyone else for their assistance during this very frustrating time :D

Look, I come across as a snob because I am short and to the point. I am not a know it all, and sure as heck don't know everything about motorcycles. Otherwise, I wouldn't be here. But then again, I don't walk around with my head up my ass. I research stuff before asking you guys so I don't waste your time.

That being said, I wasn't really asking for assistance with my regulator. I was simply stating both the regulators from Mikes do not function as they should. Leo chimed in with possible reasons it wasn't working, which I very much appreciate. You guys don't know my setup or what I'm even doing. On the other hand, I have already investigated the issue and came to a conclusion based on evidence right in front of me.

peanut, some of the information you offer does not pertain to my year/model. You insisted on the regulator needing to be mounted for a ground, I proved that incorrect. You now bring up the nylon screws issue. Why not accept that not everything you know/think is accurate??? I don't mean to offend. I sure as heck don't know everything and there have been times that what I thought, turned out to be wrong.

Relax buddy, I'm just a young gun with hot/big head sometimes :thumbsup:

look I asked you questions , diagnosed the fault from your replies and told you how to rectify it . your bike now works . lets leave it at that.

Back