Heiden Tuning Sump oil filter kit Has Anybody Tried?

Yes I have them both, works fine, the sumpfilter is solid and de sidecover-filter does the job very well! And I like the look of it!

greetzz t.t

Wonderful have you found the new sump filter is stronger? Is it better for cold starts, any lose of oil pressure? Is it a direct bolt on? I look at the image in your profile and the new top oil filter cooler looks really good, hopefully I can get it in the US.

Thanks!

The sump filter is there to keep big stuff out of the oil pump. Will a filter with less surface area do the same thing? Yes. It will just need cleaning more often.
On letting the bike idle to warm up you don't need more than a few minutes then ride, just keep the RPMs below about 3000 for the first few miles.
If you get one of dogbunny's temp dipsticks you can see just how warm the oil is. No high rpms until the oil temp reads at least 100 degree's. On a hot day with the sun shining on the bike it might be that warm just setting there.
Leo

Yes, I feel Dogbunny's temp dip stick is a valuable tool and a very worthwhile addition to any 650. Since I learned about the cold oil thing and have been taking it easy until the oil warms, I haven't torn a filter since. When I 1st got the bike, I tore two in a row, lol.

Wonderful have you found the new sump filter is stronger? Is it better for cold starts, any lose of oil pressure? Is it a direct bolt on? I look at the image in your profile and the new top oil filter cooler looks really good, hopefully I can get it in the US.

Thanks!

Yes its a direct bolt on, its very solid , good(better) oilpresure . Just order and Jerry will send it to you!!

greetzz T>T

They told me, who They is I don't know, possibly read it or They told me HaHa, that an oil filter is made so that the oil pressure forces the oil past the anti-siphon device and through the filter medium.

The theory is that suction side of an oil pumping system is not strong enough to assure oil, especially cold oil, will be drawn through the filter.

Not a fan of the filter mounted on the bottom sump plate as shown here and originally seen on the Aussie site.

Not trying to hijack this post, just add more food for thought.

Perhaps this will stir some more debate. Debate is good.

I ended up using a small Fram filter on the pressure side.

Back