How about some sub-boards?

scott s

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
The General Chat section is full of EVERYTHING you can imagine and threads quickly move to the 2nd, 3rd or even 4th page. Why not have some sub-boards.

The 650 Garage site has TOO many, IMO. However, why not add a couple or three more, just to keep stuff from getting lost?
Maybe a "Projects" board for people to post threads about ongoing builds, to start?

Travis favors the tagging system. That is the reason it is important a poster "tags" their thread when posting. Are you familiar? Click the search button then the tag search button.
I'm sure it is easier to maintain the site with this system.
Travis if I got it wrong...............

I'm familiar and I tag my posts. But that's only any good if you use the search.

A Projects board would keep all builds in one place. Plus, if a guy doesn't update his build but every few days, it wouldn't be pages deep.

There are, what, four or five sub-boards here? (Edit: seven) The only two I use are General and Classifieds. Why not have a FAQ board with some common stuff pinned? Pamco and/or PMA, for instance, since those get the same questions asked almost daily.

Maybe an engine board?

You don't have to search, just click on a topic in the list under 'The Garage' on the forum main page. See the attached image.

Why not have a FAQ board with some common stuff pinned? Pamco and/or PMA, for instance, since those get the same questions asked almost daily.

If someone does a nice little write-up on these things, I'll add it the Tech section.

Attachments

• topics.png
    topics.png
    22.8 KB · Views: 212
You don't have to search, just click on a topic in the list under 'The Garage' on the forum main page. See the attached image.

If someone does a nice little write-up on these things, I'll add it the Tech section.
The tech section works for me , it's better than my repair manual . Very handy. ( I got to buy a T shirt to show my appreciation. I do plan on making a regular donation, this site is worth it.)

Last edited:
I can see Scott's point here ,as it takes a noob some time to find their way around the site . I can sometimes spend several minutes searching for an old thread I wish to check or update and sometimes I never find it because I cannot remember the exact wording of the thread title

The search facility isn't much use if you can't remember the title a few weeks down the line ! How would I search for someones build if their thread title was misleading or non discriptive and I couldn't remember the members ID for instance ?

I looked just now for somewhere that new members could post about themselves and their bikes and couldn't find anywhere ? looks like most don't bother probably because they are uncertain where to post .

The tech section works very well I think but perhaps there is a case to consider a couple of sub sections ?:wink2:

Back