Mailman’s new garage, it’s finally done!

Don 't make a big deal out of it.........Just casually stroll into the bedroom one night with your XS2 Petrol tank and start to store it on the top shelf of the wardrobe....After the question why inside........"run out of shelf space in the garage dear"......:whistle:.

Have the couch made up first......

Yeah....you can come and stay at my place after you get out of the hospital Bob.

Pete

Well a lot of waiting for things to happen, but now I’m on a roll. Tomorrow I have an electrician coming to add more outlets in my garage, not a ton of them, but a few. I intend to supplement them with one of those three foot long multi outlet strip that will mount to my work bench or above it, still to be decided.

Monday My new cabinets are going in and I can finally get these boxes unpacked. And today I worked on getting my pegboard up.
E7294012-4976-4292-A78D-28B79482CC63.jpeg
AEFA38E4-5292-4781-930F-A36E11DB0ACF.jpeg
D7DFBA9C-BB2B-4F91-BC5E-3B014F065BF5.jpeg
28422E46-05CB-453A-8865-AD1C8641829D.jpeg
34C67E54-C452-44AF-9B4F-C0B83FB6BD2C.jpeg

So that gives me an 8’ x 2’ run of pegboard. And once I get my boxes off the floor and my electrical work done, I have new lighting ready to go up. So busy busy busy! I’m having fun with this.
It should look like a garage you can work in soon. But the Mrs. has already requested that I do some jobs for her inside the house after I get my garage squared away. Sigh.....ok......I guess.....:cautious:

Love it! It is fun setting up a new workspace. It's hard to have patience when not having the area to work in, but it is totally worth it to take your time and set it up like you want. I know when I rebuilt my shop, I spent a lot of time coming up with unique storage ideas to gain more floor space. My shop has been done for over a year now but I continue to fine tune it and improve on storage ideas. The best thing i did was to plan out all my electrical outlets during construction. I have some outlets that I still have never used, but it's always better to have too many than not enough. Mine are spaced out about every 6' along both walls with 2 quad outlets above my workbench.

Oh yeah, I like the red pegboard. Do you have a red tool box that ties in with it?

Love it! It is fun setting up a new workspace. The best thing i did was to plan out all my electrical outlets during construction. I have some outlets that I still have never used, but it's always better to have too many than not enough. Mine are spaced out about every 6' along both walls with 2 quad outlets above my workbench.

Oh yeah, I like the red pegboard. Do you have a red tool box that ties in with it?

Willis, has it been a year already? Man how time flies!
Yeah I really would like a ton of outlets, I started out trying ,myself, to tie into an existing box and branch off of it, but the way my walls are constructed I was struggling. I didn’t want to do sloppy work so I decided to bring in a professional. They don’t work cheap, so I’m only adding a few outlets.

Regarding the red toolbox, I should have a new one VERY soon!

I love the new garage Mailman.:thumbsup: I used to have a garage that I did stuff in but that was a long time ago (2 days ago) in fact. Seems like my shop has turned into the knitting/crochet center overnight?? That`s OK though. I`ll just finish the no theme build in the living room!:shrug:
old garage 001.JPG

You've got to get them trained right. When one of my girlfriends friends asked her why her bicycle was on the patio and not in my shop she replied "no motor", she was then asked about the lawn mower her reply was "too many wheels". I think she's worth keeping.

Last edited:
Plus it didn't hurt that the stool in my shop came from the bathroom in the house, I then had the bathroom remodeled. When I had the shop tied into the sewer I had the rest of the hill removed and a patio put in. Keep reminding your wife that she got a new house. I'm sure it will work for a little while.
pic19.PNG

Keep reminding your wife that she got a new house. I'm sure it will work for a little while.
View attachment 127511

Do you think that would work? Haha! :lmao:

I just returned from the happiest place on earth!
E5AFD50A-F7B8-43D1-B23E-E5C173528627.jpeg

Got me a giant size power strip.

And a NEW tool box! First tool box I’ve ever owned! And it’s RED!!! :)
7240A53B-812A-484C-B002-D0D6A98FF854.jpeg
DB854A76-C69A-4609-9C1D-EC56836F6CF4.jpeg

Very cool. You do realize they feed the one on display steroids so it looks big. When you take that one out of the box and put in in your shop it won't look as big as the one on display at store. ;)

I call HFT "my favorite store in the whole wide world!"
That's a 'tool cart', not a 'tool box'. But, I suppose, you would've needed to borrow somebody's truck to bring home anything much bigger... :laugh: But, then again, you have all that awesome peg board space ;)
I wound up with two roller tool chests (got the newer one, on Christmas, years ago, from the wife!). Most of my tools are HFT. I keep telling her "the more tools I have, the more stuff I can fix"... she still doesn't buy it...o_O

Back