How do you carry tools/equipment on your XS650???

Wal Mart sells a small set of saddle bags. They throw over the seat with velcro adjustable straps and have adjustable straps that hook to the footpegs on the front and around the turnsignals at the rear. Made from the nylon canvas like backpacks are.
I paid $59 for them. MotoGear Is the brand. Wal Mart Item Number 000941067
If you can't find them local try them online. They also have a tail bag online to match. $48. Don't find a wal Mart item number, but if you find the bags it has a link to the tail bag.
Leo

Attachments

• 0005296373727_60X60.gif
    0005296373727_60X60.gif
    3 KB · Views: 418
  • 0005296373707_300X300.jpg
    0005296373707_300X300.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Just protect them from the rear shocks. When loaded they push against the shocks and wear through.
Leo

Here's proof of what the shocks can do to your saddlebags. I fastened an aluminum plate to act as a wear guard onto the inside of each saddlebag. You can clearly see where the spring coil has rubbed on the aluminum plate.

Attachments

• Tourmaster bags wear plate.JPG
    Tourmaster bags wear plate.JPG
    325.5 KB · Views: 175
I have an old pair of leather boots. I have a sister who sews. I'll get the seams resewed were they wore and cut up the boots for a double layer of leather for a wear pad. Maybe take that 5 foot long piece of 1/4 inch rod and make some braces for under the bags.
Leo

I took an old harley tool box and welded it to a barn door hinge. welded that to the grill plate behind the front wheel. Then took some Rockler(slow release) cabinet hinges and bolted them to the box, mounted both arm to the forward control hookups. cinched an old black belt around the whole thing and added a vintage lock to keep out the lurk3rs.

eh, if the pics are messed, my bad.

Attachments

• photo(6).JPG
    photo(6).JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 194
  • photo(5).JPG
    photo(5).JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 202
  • photo(8).JPG
    photo(8).JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 201
  • photo(7).JPG
    photo(7).JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 204
  • photo(4).jpg
    photo(4).jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 177
I use this tool bag I found at a local shop. If you don't have a fake oil bag, it will fit nicely under your seat. So far I carry a rag, fuses, registration and insurance. Free towing on the insurance.:laugh:

IMG_0622.jpg

I took an old harley tool box and welded it to a barn door hinge. welded that to the grill plate behind the front wheel. Then took some Rockler(slow release) cabinet hinges and bolted them to the box, mounted both arm to the forward control hookups. cinched an old black belt around the whole thing and added a vintage lock to keep out the lurk3rs.

eh, if the pics are messed, my bad.
that's a good place for a small tool box, lots of honda tool boxes on ebay

hi those rolls look sweet,,, a mate i know had a 1995 harley with a modded 122 cub,,, and it was un,reliable he only carried a gen harley roll with tools filled in the roll they always saved his day... regards oldbiker

Wal Mart sells a small set of saddle bags. They throw over the seat with velcro adjustable straps and have adjustable straps that hook to the footpegs on the front and around the turnsignals at the rear. Made from the nylon canvas like backpacks are.
I paid $59 for them. MotoGear Is the brand. Wal Mart Item Number 000941067
If you can't find them local try them online. They also have a tail bag online to match. $48. Don't find a wal Mart item number, but if you find the bags it has a link to the tail bag.
Leo
i I got bags like that PJD is the brand from walmart $39.99 they work just fine off n on quick
Model No.: 2000008100
Product in Inches (L x W x H): 15.5 x 7.0 x 9.5
Walmart No.: 001062534

@ RG and XSLeo,
The 3/8 step electric post works pretty good for the standoffs.
They seem to be hard metal and don't bend back into the shocks from the weight of the bags. $2 apiece. You maybe recognize the "farm yellow" paint.

Attachments

• 07-05-11_1153.jpg
    07-05-11_1153.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 181
hi, why are you not trying some different. think different and then do what you think.

Here you go, room for a spare engine.

harley-davidson-motorcycle-trailer-2.jpg

Actually I'm with the work on it in the shop faction. Then again I have been seen scrounging baling wire out of the ditch a time or two.

I was always used to having a small tool pouch with at least the basic tools under the seat, but when we bought our Victory's I asked the salesman where the tool pouch was and he pointed to the side cover. When I removed the cover I found two allen wrenches one had a phillips head on the end. I looked up and the salesman said they never break down.

Back