How do you know when you've become an Old Fart?

You're never too old to rock and roll!View attachment 105533

I've got a version of that on the back of one of my tshirts:

burnout.jpg

When you start hitting your children with truth bombs from your misspent youth, allowing them to realize their kids ain't so bad.........

I have three grown kids and a raft of grown grandkids, several of whom are married with kids of their own.

I can't recall a single instance where relating my personal experience with the folly they are about to embark upon (and the unfortunate results) has resulted in them changing their mind. Each generation has to attend it's own School of Hard Knocks. It has ever been thus, I expect.

So I'm sitting here, watching the news/weather, and I hear what sounds like a small animal squealing off in the distance. I mute the TV, open a window, and listen. There it is again, a faint, blood curdling squeal of agony.

Then I realize that it's ME, wheezing...

Rolled over last night, heard this nasty, creaking/cracking sound.
Thought "Oh, great, the damn bed is falling apart.""
Then I realized it was my knees...

When you wake up in the morning ...or late after noon ...and feel really good then you try to move and you are flooded by pain from every joint in your body.... and you think to yourself ....ahhh growing old ain't for sissies ! buck up bud ! and then get out of bed with a grone !
.....LOL
the cat loves to see you set in the chair because when you move she hears these pops and cracks in your joints and pounces on them ...CLAWS OUT I must add ! ...OUCH !!!!! it's a great game..... will she pounce when I sip my coffee ? no wasn't loud enough ...I'll move the other arm that will do it ! ......
LOL

Bob......

Been thinkin' on this, and remembered a common malady of ancestral old farts.

Shrinkage.

No, no, not that kind. :doh:

Height shrinkage.

45 years ago, I was 5'-11".
Just measured myself, now 5'-9.5"
I've shrunk 1-1/2".

According to the BMI charts, I thought I was simply overweight.
Now, I find I'm obese... :yikes:

Hay Fred ! that's because your eyes used to work all by themselves now they need glasses !
I think you become an old Fart when you Quit trying to do stuff, and you turn into a bitter o'l guy
that longs for the comfort and peace of death.... So don't stop trying guys !
even though it takes me an hour to do what I used to do in 10 minutes ...I at least TRY to do it better....
Most of the time I fail miserably, because I can't see the line where I'm trying to cut, or the idea of getting up on that ladder one more time
to check the length of the board is so daunting I just take a wild guess and cut the board anyway.... then it's too long and I put it off till tomorrow.... LOL
I used to be 5'9" till I was about 50yrs old and checked again....I was 5'10" I know what your thinking , it was my boots , but I always ware boots..... I have no doubt I will have lost inches if I measure my height now because my slippers are very thin.... so thin I know where all the goat heads are in the yard ! LOL......... now I only ware boots when I'm going to town 2 or 3 times a month....
.... My Mom lost almost 4 " in height ! she was allergic to milk ! you need your calcium boys ! Drink Up !
another sure way to tell if your an old fart is that in your Underwear drawer there is no pares of underwear in there that aren't stained....<grin>
Bob......

I think you become an old Fart when you Quit trying to do stuff, and you turn into a bitter o'l guy
that longs for the comfort and peace of death.... So don't stop trying guys !
even though it takes me an hour to do what I used to do in 10 minutes ...I at least TRY to do it better....
Most of the time I fail miserably, because I can't see the line where I'm trying to cut, or the idea of getting up on that ladder one more time
to check the length of the board is so daunting I just take a wild guess and cut the board anyway.... then it's too long and I put it off till tomorrow.... LOL
I used to be 5'9" till I was about 50yrs old and checked again....I was 5'10" I know what your thinking , it was my boots , but I always ware boots..... I have no doubt I will have lost inches if I measure my height now because my slippers are very thin.... so thin I know where all the goat heads are in the yard ! LOL......... now I only ware boots when I'm going to town 2 or 3 times a month....
.... My Mom lost almost 4 " in height ! she was allergic to milk ! you need your calcium boys ! Drink Up !
As I've commented before, Bob, you could write a book.
Mark Twain ain't got nothin on you.

Back