Jim's 1980 SG Miss September

With your talents you could meet up with these "hot gals" They are really "buff"
f9a2e984874352ded64d3a621e05f51f.jpg

Last edited:
With your talents you could meet up with these "hot gals" They are really "buff"
I lived just south of Beaver Dam for a few years Gary. A few of them girls look familiar....:laughing:
....ahhhh, the Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A...
Right you are Pete. Forgot they moved to Canada. They make damn fine engines! The TF-30-P100 was my favorite.

I don't think I know of any tool that gets more weld-mods than the ubiquitous vise-grip.

Just a couple nits.

Can't tell from here, but is the kickstart drag clip in its slot?

Can't quite remember the OD size of the washer that fits being the shift shafts retainer clip, recall it's large enuff to bear on the case protrusion, rather than pressing on the seal. Need others to confirm this. Couple shifter tips in Signals thread, posts #10, #11.

http://www.xs650.com/threads/gear-selector-trouble.51071/#post-534237

Close....ish I guess you could say Mick. Right now I'm just waiting for some Ebay stuff to sell so I can order more stuff...:rolleyes:
How close are you to havin' yours done?

How close are you to havin' yours done?
Still waiting for the painter, he's promised me everything will be finished by the end of this month, I hope so, he's had everything since February:umm:
So once I get the tank and fenders back on it's just some minor wiring to finish and then roadtest:woowoo:
But, I've been around long enough to know that there's always some thing to catch you out when least expected, fingers crossed I should have it on the road by our Spring.

I described how to do it in comment #30 and #32.

Dang that seems a little on the rough side.......when polishing I have never used a scothbright pad. I have a sissle wheel that I run on things with different rouges then go all out in the end with a pad and jeweler rouge.

Looks good Jim but not sure if that scotchbright adds more scratches than needed ?

Dang that seems a little on the rough side.......when polishing I have never used a scothbright pad. I have a sissle wheel that I run on things with different rouges then go all out in the end with a pad and jeweler rouge.

Looks good Jim but not sure if that scotchbright adds more scratches than needed ?
It is on the rough side. But the dark spots on my covers (before pic above) was some pretty deep corrosion. I learned on the first cover I did that if you just polished it, you just had shiny dark spots. Scotchbrite removes the corrosion, progressively finer grits of wet-or-dry removes the scratches from the scotchbrite.... finished off with the rouge.

Back