My Build Thread.

When I'm not here I seem to be riding.
I have started on the brake upgrade.
I started on the caliper.
First I had to figure how much to remove from the inside of the caliper for the rotor to fit.
full
full

Then I removed the inspection cover and pulled the pad retaining pins.
full
full
full

Then I wanted a straitedge so I used one of the old pads
full

I used a bastard file to remove the unneed material
full
full

I had to remove the lettering from the inside of the mounting ears on the caliper.
full
full
full

I used a 25/64'' dril bit to remove the threads from the caliper mounting holes. This way the bolt will pass through and screw into the new adaptor plate.
full
full
full
full

Now it is ready to test fit.

Good work Carbon. Brembo's are cool.The front bracket kit comes with the correct bolts right? I'd like to see your rear bracket when you make it up.

Hey John . Thanks Man. Yes it comes with all the bolts needed.
I had to go to a real hardware store for the drill bit. I bought the cheap one as I have never before used that size. I will be taking pix on the rear adapter plate.

h3llb3nt1, The seat is very comfee!

Good job... keep the brake job comming... I will be doing this next year... need info and ideas to dwell for the time being.

Lester

Thanks Lester and peanut.
Well I had to get a front rotor as the rotors that were on my bike were the wrong rotors. I mean a guy would like to know just what people are thinking. One of the POs had put on 2 rear rotors on the front. I must say it was working but only a little over half of the pads were in use. Any way the new rotor had to be spaced out. so the spacer goes on before putting on the rotor.
full
full

So the adapter plate go where the old caliper went.
full

The new caliper bolts to the adapter plate.

full

Then it all bolts together using red loctite.
I haven't done that because I'm taking it back apart

full
full
The fit is good n tight. The caliper is moving over 2mm toward the wheel so the space will be centered.I haven't tightened up the axle yet and the left shock will move that 2mm toward the wheel.

Carbon, Great work with the brakes! I want Brembos on my SR sooo bad but can't seem to pull the trigger. Maybe your creativity will get me goin'.

roy

Thanks Roy! I can't take credit for the idea. I got the adapter kit from Dan at pandemonium and with his instructions the install went without a hitch. Thanks Dan.

Certainly will work better. All those race cars can't be wrong. I also read that it helps prevent the pads from grooving the rotors. One of the Gurus on hear was writing about it. Personally I think its a nice touch for not that much effort.

I got my pattern on here somewhere. There is a I think three or four different ones. I like the 7 hole swirl one the best. That would look way cool for a dual setup like yours

Back