My first ever bike build!!

Now I have a question. This is just tape, but I wanted to see what it would look like.

It will be similar to this, white stripes either side of the orange, what do you guys think? I like it but I;m not sure if it goes with the bike???

13175357054_073353f3eb_b.jpg

13175057345_a9db12161e_b.jpg

Or without???

13175304064_5c3f8dbbe0_b.jpg

Let me know what you think!!

I like the broad stripe. Like inmotionphotog's tank.

Here's something strange, if you want to match your seat leather:

Attachments

• The-Hog-Ring-Auto-Upholstery-Forum-Lugz-Orange-County-Choppers-Motorcycle.jpg
    The-Hog-Ring-Auto-Upholstery-Forum-Lugz-Orange-County-Choppers-Motorcycle.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 121
I'm not feeling that stripe.
Maybe off to one side, or a different size, or maybe a number on the side of the tank to go with it. Not sure I'm just not feeling it though. :)

Black stripe down the middle and gold flake lines on each side and each of the tank halves painted to match the forks hehe.

Black stripe down the middle and gold flake lines on each side and each of the tank halves painted to match the forks hehe.

Like this but black in the middle and the japanese dragon on each side.

4d17cbcb5ddc792a9bd18eb81730ce30.jpg

Damn you Johann!!:cussing::cussing::cussing: I wanted the bare metal to show!!!

But I do like your idea. I'm going to have to think about it............

hey AW you've been busy !:thumbsup: is the list getting shorter or are you adding to it ??:wink2::laugh:

The tank sure is a difficult one.:shrug:

The lower half of the bike looks predominantly dark and I think such light colours at the top (seat and tank stripe) are making the bike look a bit 'top heavy' They look a bit isolated and not part of the bike as a whole somehow.?

I've always loved the 'Cunningham 'stripes on the racing E Type Jags but to work on your bike I think you would need to carry it through to the rear fender ...dammit mudguard :doh:

The seat is lovely but the colour choice has severely limited your options on colour scheme and I think you will need to make it look like the seat is part of a planned colour scheme .

I know this is not what you want to hear but if it were me I'd take the seat off the bike and then decide on what theme you want the bike to have (ie modern, traditional , utalitarian, retro, rat, etc etc then think about total colour scheme and then then see if the seat fits with the scheme as a whole . Otherwise the seat colour and your tank finish choice are likely to look isolated and not coordinated with the rest of the bike.:(

Well done all your hard work buddy you are an inspiration mate. I took the easy route cos I'm lazy and I really respect what you are trying to achieve with yours.

Here's what i think...........The color strip should match the seat and hand grips. The yellow just adds another color and clashes. Have 2 stripes closer to the top edge and have them curve off to the side a bit near the back. Gives some movement to match the curves in the seat, and they won't join together at the rear.

Can't see the white in there maybe black, or a very dark grey to match the tank and rest of the bike.

Thanks Peanut! Got a lot more done yesterday than I thought I would!

I know what you mean. I think the choice of design on a tank makes or breaks the bike, that's why I want to get it right. It's a really hard choice to make!

My other option was to go all black on the tank and carry a gold stripe all the way through from the front mudguard/fender, over the tank and over the rear mudguard/fender. Choices, choices!

My list IS getting shorter! So far, I haven't had to add to it YET!!

I should have kept the seat black I guess, but I thought the tan would go with the grips. I will have to rethink this whole lot. I do like what Jdizon has said though!

Here's what i think...........The color strip should match the seat and hand grips.

I'm NOT going to show this to the missus!! Because that's what she said!!( I will never hear the end of it!! "I told you so!"):doh::banghead:

I do like your idea of swooping the lines out though!:thumbsup:

Peanut, I just looked at images of those "cunninngham" stripes, It's giving me an idea! But I still don't know! I thinkI will wait until I have painted the front and rear fenders.

I ran a center-ribbed mustang, similar to yours, for my long distance cross-countries.
Totally chromed! The glare pert-near blinded me! It found a new home somewhere else...

too many choices lol:doh:

I'm the same ....I agonize over what to do, then surf for ideas for hours, then short list then still no closer to a solution.

I did think about buying a spare tank and fender to practice various colour logo schemes on but never got around to it..

I love the seat its gorgeous so perhaps you should pick up on that and use some kid leather here and there to accent like a leather tool roll on the front or a leather tank cover or bag like Twomany suggested

Back