My first ever bike build!!

... a leather tank cover or bag like Twomany suggested

Oh, No! That was just some goofy pic I stumbled onto awhile back. Your thread was the perfect opportunity to post that thing!

I still like your broad stripe(s) and JD's panel suggestion.

Has the Brit Unionjack been overdone?

Oh, No! That was just some goofy pic I stumbled onto awhile back. Your thread was the perfect opportunity to post that thing!

I still like your broad stripe(s) and JD's panel suggestion.

Has the Brit Unionjack been overdone?

Haha yeah I wouldn't do that!

Can't stick a Union Jack on there, it's a Japanese bike! And the rising sun has been overdone too many times...........

I'll keep pondering..........

Thanks Nh-jk!

Not a lot done, but I managed to reinstall my oil tank and headlight and speedo's.

13178204085_9f70dbc223_b.jpg

13196590113_595bd9c443_b.jpg

13196548493_23f28eefba_b.jpg

13196575713_277b4f3d78_b.jpg

13196770124_c31bd96236_b.jpg

Airwolfie, I got the same headlamp brackets as you. Did you bend them to line up with the standard headlamp? I can't quite see how if you have.
ANLAF

Right, mine are for 52mm fork tubes, I'm assuming yours aren't!:laugh: I also think my forks are wider than yours(if you have stock ones), hence me having to bend them in a bit.

It bends quite easily. I can take pics of my bend if you like?

Hey Airwolfie the headlight and gages looks simply perfect!
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hey thanks Carbon!!:thumbsup:

Airwolfie talk to me about what bearings (sizes) you used on that fork swap. All balls racing has been avoiding my emails...i'm sure of it! ha jk but for real their slow on the response time. What forks are those off of again?

Also what's that bar control? I found it a while back but lost my bookmark ha.

In terms of paint....you could always do koi fish or dragons...if we're keeping it japanese....or a pink flower haha :laugh:

For real it's looking close to done! Looking good so far!

That would be kind of you, Airwolfie. Yes, I see now those chunky front forks - they look brilliant.

ANLAF

Thanks Anlaf! Got up and went to the shed just for you!!:thumbsup:

13230235124_23848a04d7_b.jpg

Hope that helps! as you can see, it's just a little bend.

Airwolfie talk to me about what bearings (sizes) you used on that fork swap. All balls racing has been avoiding my emails...i'm sure of it! ha jk but for real their slow on the response time. What forks are those off of again?

Also what's that bar control? I found it a while back but lost my bookmark ha.

In terms of paint....you could always do koi fish or dragons...if we're keeping it japanese....or a pink flower haha :laugh:

For real it's looking close to done! Looking good so far!

Thanks JP! TBH, I just found a bearing shop online in the UK, typed in the size and type(sealed bearing) needed, and they had some, so I bought them. Don't know what they would be off, sorry. Don't quote me on it but I THINK the gsx1100 has the same size bearings needed, but double check before you click on buy!

Not sure what you mean by bar control?

Paint is still up in the air, I don't know what to do yet!:shrug:

Was it a huge pain swapping out the speedo/tach for the smaller one? Id like to swap mine. What was involoved? cutting and spicing? Thanks

We'll I've been away for a while... You've been busy man! I love it! All of it... My opinion in the tank is do the stripe just like you mocked up with the center the sane color as the seat and the edges maybe a touch off white then antique it. Seat turned out great too!

Thanks Airwolfie. I'll get bending.

ANLAF

anytime bud!!:thumbsup:

Was it a huge pain swapping out the speedo/tach for the smaller one? Id like to swap mine. What was involoved? cutting and spicing? Thanks

I had to make a bracket to fit the forks, figuring that out was the tricky bit, but not that hard.

We'll I've been away for a while... You've been busy man! I love it! All of it... My opinion in the tank is do the stripe just like you mocked up with the center the sane color as the seat and the edges maybe a touch off white then antique it. Seat turned out great too!

Hey welcome back diesel!! And thanks! I am thinking of going a different route now, and I think it would suit the bike a lot better. I do like the bare metal look, but it does not go with this bike. I'll be back with some new ideas soon! Possibly done already!:D

Nice touch on that grill! She's looking good as-is man! What kind of pipes are you going to run?

Thanks Johann! your builds inspire me, and want me to get mine done, so no thanks to you this beastie is getting sorted!!:thumbsup:

I will be running hi pies down the left, with a few extra's added for looks! Hoping to get them this week, as they have been made already! So excited, soon I can see if it all was worth the sweat and blood and tears!! VROOMVROOM!!:D

Look what came in the post!!!!

13318148105_dc00ed10cb_b.jpg

13318151535_1bd65b046e_b.jpg

Unfortunately the weather is shite here, gale force winds, rain and bitterly cold!

Might get my mate to fab up a steering stop for me, possibly brackets for the exhausts too.

wow its really come on since I looked in last AW .

Thats real progress. Looks like a proper bike now :wink2:

When are you going to put some gas in and start her up ? :shrug:

I know what you mean about the weather. I've got a box of new bits that gets bigger by the day because I can't get out there and fit stuff so I sit indoors and order more stuff up lol:laugh:

wow its really come on since I looked in last AW .

Thats real progress. Looks like a proper bike now :wink2:

When are you going to put some gas in and start her up ? :shrug:

I know what you mean about the weather. I've got a box of new bits that gets bigger by the day because I can't get out there and fit stuff so I sit indoors and order more stuff up lol:laugh:

Hey thanks Peanut! Now that I got the exhausts, it might well be soon!!

I know what you mean with ordering, just got me a set of tyres on epay! I THINK I have everything now! :D:shrug::bike:

Fantastic exhaust pipes, Airwolfie. Where are they from? I am desperate to get my hands on some headers to get engine 2 running, but nothing available on eBay - if you have anything please let me know.

ANLAF

Thanks Anlaf! I got them off Ants off the UK forum, Top bloke, he will build them any way you want! I can give you his number, or just contact him on the UK forum. Good prices too!!

Back