My first ever bike build!!

So yesterday I put some Dyna beads in my tyres. Easy as pie! Only took about 15 mins for both!

13799792933_3484bd41fc_b.jpg

I'll do a little how-to in a new thread in a bit.

I'm also busy retouching my wheels as they go a bit damaged when the tyres were put on.

And I also started with adding a coat of primer on my tank!!

13800308304_7c124af1f6_b.jpg

Those are really the best looking high pipes I've seen so far. Do the stripe on the tank It looked good in the mockup picture. Rear fender looking good. Weather finally turned the corner 76 degrees. Got the bike warmed up see you later. :thumbsup:

Thanks scabber! I have other plans for the tank now!! you will see soon enough! There still will be a stripe or something going down the middle!!

- Mount headlight properly DONE!!!
- Find replacement line for clutch DONE!!!
- finish off foot pegs DONE!!
- mount indicators FRONT ONES DONE!!
- mount coils DONE!!!
- mount tacho and speedo DONE!!
- recon front caliper/s(not sure if I want to go twin or single yet) Going to scratch that, they don't fit:(
- mount Boyer ignition DONE!!!
- add fake oil tank for housing electrics DONE!!
- add key starter DONE!!!
- add hi/lo light switch DONE!!!
- add kill switch DONE!!!
- add neutral light DONE!!!
- add spark leadsDONE!!!
-Install Boyer power boxDONE!!!
-Install one way valve on breather DONE!!!
-Bleed clutchDONE!!!
- plug excess petcock holesDONE!!!
- add petcockDONE!!!
- install fuel lineDONE!!!
- add filter podsDONE!!!
-clean and line gas tankDONE!!!
- fabricate rear fenderDONE!!!
- mount rear fenderDONE!!!
- mount rear lightDONE!!!
- add hornDONE!!!
- sort out exhausts
- paint fenders
-Bleed brakes
- replace tyresDONE!!!
- Find replacement brake line for front brake
- fab steering stop
- add chain
- mount front fender
- possibly make spacers for calipers/rotors
- mount number plate
- wire entire bike
- mount rear brake switch
- paint gas tank
- add oil
- add fuel
- run engine
- tune engine
- get MOT!!

Retouched my wheels, they look so much better now! I just have to pump them up tomorrow and then I can stick them back on!!:D

Oh, and I got me some nice 5mm discs! So now the blue dot calipers SHOULD fit!! I'll have a look tomorrow!:thumbsup:

13807830553_ecee3357da_b.jpg

13808145764_2f6a3202ec_b.jpg

13807810275_77bb3e6127_b.jpg

More to come maybe tomorrow!!:bike:

First layer of paint on the tank!!!

13831751794_7a87e62630_b.jpg

I then added the front and rear wheels back on the bike, looks so good with them tyres on!!(no pics, it was getting dark so I didn't bother taking the bike outside)

I also messed about with the rear mudguard some more, it's getting there! But somehow it seemed to have lost its radius a bit, not sure why! I will have to tweak it some more!

13831782044_12504dfb09_b.jpg

13831832214_2ea1dc8b10_b.jpg

blimey AW you're nearly there man .:thumbsup:

Love the pipes !:wink2:

I can't believe you haven't started it up yet :D the anticipation must be enormous.

Airwolfie, adjust your rear wheel back a few notches, about halfway, and see if the mudguard looks right. It should still clear when run fully back....

blimey AW you're nearly there man .:thumbsup:

Love the pipes !:wink2:

I can't believe you haven't started it up yet :D the anticipation must be enormous.

Thanks Peanut! I am DYING to try her out, but I need to make a bracket or mount of some form at the rear of the exhausts to mount them. Then, once that is done, I want to slap some hi temp paint on and THEN I can see if she runs!!:bike:

Liking the discs :)

Thanks Paul!
:thumbsup:

Airwolfie, adjust your rear wheel back a few notches, about halfway, and see if the mudguard looks right. It should still clear when run fully back....

Thanks Twomany, I have moved i as far forward as possible so it has some give for the new chain when it stretches a bit, then I will probably move the wheel back a bit!:thumbsup:

What are the beads for? BTW damn fine job on the bike so far

you might regret that you asked that Kinsygrl :laugh::wink2:

They are very controversial ...bit like marmite really :D

heres a video demo

first time ive heard of these. maybe he should set the drills at the same speed with each test. all i know is they both wobble at low speeds. he doesnt show us what it does at a high speed w/o the beads.

first time ive heard of these. maybe he should set the drills at the same speed with each test. all i know is they both wobble at low speeds. he doesnt show us what it does at a high speed w/o the beads.

exactly ! :thumbsup: He spins the drill up very quickly to get the beads to distribute evenly. What happens if you are riding slowly in traffic and accelerate at a more modest rate I wonder .:wink2:

Back