My first xs650 project

Okay - in 1980, you could pick up a 69-72 Charger (a fairly popular car) in excellent shape for very little. in 1990, probably under 10k if you looked. 2000, 20 to 25k. Now... Well, ebay not being the best bet, but i found a couple (in good shape, remember) for 35ish?

The odd thing is that people were saying the exact same thing about cars like this back in the day. throwing out pieces with a bit of rust on them 'cause they could get a dealer or re-pop for cheaper than the effort required to clean it up.

Give it ten more years, and i'm betting XS650's will get to be about the same. If for no other reason that we'll get to the tip over point in N.A. where you *can* make fab money shipping back to Europe in a container.

Just a counterpoint to yours.

A Charger is Americana... :shrug:

On the boots. Don't get me wrong. I could be a weasel on the bike and still not get laid, but it never hurts for a man to accessorize. Just like your boots. :-D

Dead, any plans for an ignition replacement?

With that list you might as well add a Volkswagen Beetle.... I have seen BMW 2002's for less than $4k running.... Same with Datsun and much less for an Audi 5000. So I mean that's kind of a stretch to compare those to a $30k Charger. Dead sorry for the :hijack: I'm trying to steer this back to your thread.:shrug:

- never did like 2002's, nor audis...do like the aston martin DB6, porsche pre-A, A or B, jaguar XK/E, mercedes 300SL gullwing, austin healey 100/4 or 3000...did like the 240Z too

Chop it i don't give a F............Some of the high prices for XS here is due to imports from the states and the owners are trying to recoup

Where do you live that will pay 2000 for a thing like that?? I have about 6 standing outside waiting for the chop... but hey if someone is crazy enough to give me 2k for them... easy money!

I was afraid the 650cc engine would be to fast so I decided to go with a smaller 600cc engine.
full

full

full

full

I love the stance of the bike, but I think the XS650 engine would offer more useable and practical power for a hardtail, as well as having half as many carbs to dick with. The wheels look outstanding! Did you shave the caliper mounts off of the left fork leg?

i predict tweaked frames in your future. Should be a blast to ride, until the first time you wot it on the highway and it goes sideways or grenades. :)

Ok well I thought there would be some more funny comments than there was. That gixxer motor was a joke. There wouldnt even be any room for the radiator, header, or the throttle bodies. I had that motor sitting around and just threw it in there.

So I just got my oil tank kit from bungking and need to get that mounted. Im waiting for my fender from scrapmetalart. I'll post more pics when i get that done.

Gixxer 600, Psshhh!, should use at least a 750 or maybe a 1000!!! 170hp in a hardtailed XS frame would be interesting! What's that 600 motor got for hp? 120?

And I agree with danno, those wheels do look good!

I think like 105hp. The reason I have that motor is because I made a 1000 sleeper out of my 600. The motors forsale if anyone wants it. Ive had it since 05, has 500 miles on it.

My friend painted the wheels and then I laced them up with mikes spokes.

Sorry about the bad quality pics. When im done I will borrow a real camera

Damnit!! Everytime I finally get myself convinced that polishing the wheels instead of powdering them. I see a f*$%ing post like this and it makes me really want to do it. Damn you motorcycle gods. Damn you!

Back