My new build, "The 23"

Got all the fab done on my current build and took it off the bench for some pictures today. Gonna bust it down for bondo and paint.

Here it is next to 'Yamkahonsu' for comparison.

IMG_0249_zpsd1105047.jpg

IMG_0251_zpsf5432481.jpg

IMG_0253_zps1a4eeeca.jpg

IMG_0252_zps2d2d5777.jpg

Yep! Leaf spring fork. Frame, fork, and all the little pieces are going in for powder coating tomarrow.

Pregrid; Thanks. One of my local friends watching this bike progressing said the same thing.

Just dropped off the frame, fork, and accompanying hardware off at the powder coater. He will be closed next week, so pictures in two weeks. In the mean time I will start bodyworking the tank and rear fender.

Looking Awesome! :thumbsup:
What's your color scheme going to be?

Hammered finish gray. Tins will be Velvet Green. I like how the Velvet Green looks on my van with flat black wheels. There will be some highlight color to compliment the green, don't know what yet. Then I'm going to turn my pinstriping buddy loose. Definately want two red stripes around the rims, right next to the spoke hump. Oh, engine will be the same Satin Black as the rims.

IMG_0080.jpg

Hammered finish gray. Tins will be Velvet Green. I like how the Velvet Green looks on my van with flat black wheels. There will be some highlight color to compliment the green, don't know what yet. Then I'm going to turn my pinstriping buddy loose. Definately want two red stripes around the rims, right next to the spoke hump. Oh, engine will be the same Satin Black as the rims.

IMG_0080.jpg

Dude! Your van is awesome!! I like the color scheme and can't wait to see it on the bike!

Not FWD. Just lifted with 4 1/2" front spindles, and '68 Bay window IRS in the rear. If you are interested in the build in its intirity, you can see it here: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=451291&highlight=lifted+++panel

Love the wood flooring in there! :thumbsup:

To really give it that beach cruiser look ... look what I found.

http://veerubberusa.com/motorcycle/viewsize.php?Pname=whitewall

It would look pretty sweet with the white walls and that paint scheme! :thumbsup:

If I read that add right, they have a 23" white wall? I'll have to look into that.

Thats what I read too. So unless were both wrong.... to bad I found this after I got my avon tires or else id have white walls for my build too. I do think you should though it would look sweet with the paint.

Back