My new build, "The 23"

While the frame is out for powder coating, I spent this weekend prepping for paint.

Tank after bondo with some etching primer. Tunnel painted black. Then first coats of sanding primer.
IMG_0259_zps15b77fac.jpg

IMG_0262_zpsdfd23e5b.jpg

IMG_0265_zps62ea22c1.jpg

On the fender, I scratched all the chrome surface with a 50 grit ro-lock then did the self etching primer. Figured the bondo would stick better that way instead of straight to chrome. Also did the black out on the inside of fender.

IMG_0266_zpsef8da570.jpg

IMG_0267_zps8dfa5c25.jpg

Got the leaf springs and under side of seat in black also. Going to keep the top of the seat bare metal. Got some pin stripe ideas for it.

IMG_0263_zpsbae05c77.jpg

IMG_0264_zpsd0c7f11e.jpg

Nice. One step at a time and too soon you're gonna see a finished bike and go Wow!, and then Shit, it's done! Seriously, good work for far.

Got the fender and tank in color today. Not to bad for a back yard job. Had to stand guard and pick the bugs off with tweezers while the paint flashed.:banghead: But it flowed out good despite the bugs. Will color sand and buff, but will wait until good and hard. May want to add another color later to.

IMG_0279_zps25809ac4.jpg

IMG_0280_zps3f7564b3.jpg

IMG_0282-Copy_zps1f20d6ef.jpg

Paint looks great... I think ivory would look nice as a second color but as for the paint skeam I have no idea. About how much is the volume of the tank do you think? Thick Ivory pin stripes would really stand out nice. Great progress!

Cheers
Lester

Lester. Ivory is the exact color I'm thinking too. Thick lines are something I didn't consider, but now that you mention it, I like it. It would look good with thin red lines next to the ivory and I need to tie in the red lines I want on the black wheels.:bike:

As for the volume, I'm hoping for a gallon and a half. I'm pretty sure it will be a touch more. I poured a gallon of acetone in to clean and check for leaks and plenty more room. Had a couple small leaks and after it dried out, I sealed with POR-15 rust preventative.

Got the frame and fork back from powder coating. Couldn't resist throwing together some before school. It's gray hammer tone. I like it.

IMG_0289_zps95607e74.jpg

IMG_0288_zps639a8cb8.jpg

Should have a roller this weekend. Then it's on to the engine.

I'm doing good! Been busy like everyone it seems!

MNXS650, I just meant with the 23" Honda rims that are only 1.60 wide (that's what mine are anyway).

I didn't know you could fit a tire that wide on such a narrow rim. Let us know how it goes!

Back