My on the cheap bobber build thread.

I got some stuff ordered from mikesxs today,two 1.5" clamps for the exhaust,two caliper seal kits and a stock brake lever to match my stock clutch lever.Gonna do some more wiring tomorrow night.

Got my signals wired and working today after work.Also got the headlight high/low switch figured out.Next is to run and tidy up wiring and go for a start!:thumbsup: Really can't wait to hear how my pipes are going to sound.

Got my signals wired and working today after work.Also got the headlight high/low switch figured out.Next is to run and tidy up wiring and go for a start!:thumbsup: Really can't wait to hear how my pipes are going to sound.

They will probably sound load!:laugh:

Yeah I hope not too load!:laugh:I'll be gettin' her done,come hell or high water!:D
Did find out that my"new" rear brake hose has a leaking crimp.:doh:U I'll be checking in with the local autoparts store to see if I can get it repaired.If not I'll have to buy a new one.

That's the spirit John!
Shame about the hose. Is it a crimp or a screw style with olive and banjo. I just ordered a few yards of hose and a selection of fittings and made my own up. Might be an idea?

Yeah Paul it's a crimp on.The banjo does unscrew,but the fitting is crimped on and that's where it's leaking.This is what I have.
http://www.mikesxs.net/product/29-6508.html
I looked at making my own, but mikes had this and I figured if I was using the stock hose I could just use this one.
My boss just got one made up for his banshee rear in a custom banjo and length from eBay that was a decent price.So I might go that route.

Yeah, they will make them up or you can do what I do and order the parts seperately and make your own. Its also handy to have a few in the garage spare, as I have found out (leaving disc lock on D'oh)

Thanks THE ROLLING BONES. I appreciate that.:thumbsup: I'm kinda concerned about how much gas I'm going to get out of it as it is.:laugh: I'll keep posting pics when I get a chance to work my bike and get something done. It's the little things that are a bitch.:doh:

I just got my new brake lever on to match the clutch lever.
I also found out why my rear hose leaked,the banjo's are aluminum!:doh:
The hose fitting has a looks to be brass end on it so when I tightened them up I crushed the end of the aluminum banjo.:( I'll be getting new correct steel banjo's this weekend from a cycle shop.If you bought stainless braided lines from Mikesxs, look them over and see if the ends are steel or not. Got rebuild kits for my calipers,don't know if I'll repaint them or leave them raw.
My new exhaust clamps also came in so I'll be mounting them up soon with some tabs off of the frame.

I'll get some pics up as soon as I get a chance to work on her. I'm thinking about mounting those clamps at the front of my battery box braces with some spacers to get the right height.
DSCN0403-1_zps835ddab3.jpg

Yeah, Aluminum banjos. I guess my German side got the better of me. Gutentight.
Really disappointed with mikesxs on this product.

Back