My on the cheap bobber build thread.

Ok guys what the hell am I looking at here? I know what the wires are that come out of the alt plug,but I'm over thinking the reg/rec wires.I'm sitting here calming down.....
DSCN0489.JPG

Ok this is what I have so far.
I have a mikesxs Part # 24-2089 reg/rec that has two plugs. The 6 pin plug has 5 wires three are yellow,those go to the stator white wires. A green wire that runs to the grounded brush and a red that runs to battery. The 3 pin plug has a orange that runs to the ungrounded brush and a blue that runs to ground. As I'm typing this it sounds like I should have this. Does this sound like it will work?

Ok, I think I have it.I looked it up some more and this unit is designed for the grounded brush system.So I'm off to burn this puppy down...:yikes::D

Glad you got something done today.... Wife is not feeling well so I'm on daddy duty which means daughter's personal chauffeur.. lol. I also got called into work, had to reset a control power circuit breaker... That was a easy $200 for call in pay...:D

Thanks Paul. My big brain got in the way.:laugh: I'm over it now.
Sorry to hear that you didn't get to work on your bike today jmink427.
Well like I said I got the charging system up and running, yeah.
I started on wiring the lights. Still haven't got the high/low switch figured yet but did get the brake circuit up and running.
Here are some pics.
DSCN0502_zpsc24d607f.jpg

DSCN0496_zps86e179ff.jpg

DSCN0491_zpsa6271e58.jpg

Here is my front brake line and a shot or two of my exhaust.
DSCN0504_zpsc2be5f99.jpg

DSCN0493_zpsdfa1a274.jpg

DSCN0494_zps61aac9e7.jpg

A couple of shots of my skinny front tire.
DSCN0492_zps50508724.jpg

DSCN0495_zps2b5c8b07.jpg

Here's my rear brake line. I'm not happy with it. I'll probably do something different.
DSCN0503_zps8bb2a9b1.jpg

And a final of my nightmare.:laugh:
DSCN0505_zps8a2651eb.jpg

good pix.
Could scare to hell out of some people that are getting ready to wire up their bike.:laugh: Good to see you are getting something done.
I seem to keep having to take trips to the hardware store.
I wonder how many hours are spent going back and forth to the hardware store.
Keep up the good work. n GL!

Thank you Carbon. I appreciate that.Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about the wiring!:yikes::laugh:
I just got the circuits run not anywhere near tidy or run where they will be.
Did I mention the Horn works?:thumbsup::D Never thought the sound of that little SOB would sound so good.:laugh:

:laughing: I'll be happy with just getting the signals and the rest of the wiring in place.
You never know though.:D
Man, that rec/reg threw me for a loop.I had some wiring diagrams in front of me and my brain went to shit.:laugh:

Happens to the best of us! Its so frustrating - I usually go for a pint then come back and more often than not the answers stares me in the face - the power of beer !!

You'll get there John!
wiring wiring every where.
as long as everything works
When I'm finished
Then I don't care
I built the reg/rec upgrade. I will be installing it when I put this thing back together.
Keep up the good work

Thanks Carbon. Yeah just so it works and keeps working.:thumbsup:
But I don't drink and I'm quitting smoking Paul.:laugh: I have a good routine that works most times,I cuss,I sit down, I cuss then I go back to it.:thumbsup::laugh:
Maybe I need medication.:laugh:

Your making the wiring harder than it has to be but as long as it works lol. I spent a lot of time getting good at wiring and ill tell ya what its not easy but turns out so good after if u take your time. And and I'm a firm believer in shrink wrap!

Posted via Mobile

Yeah, I have a way of making things tougher than they should be.:D
But, remember I'm cheap so I'm using as much of the original harness as I can.It was just replaced by the PO so that's good.I will use new where I can when I start to run from front to rear.And yes, I'll be soldering and using shrink wrap.:thumbsup:
Have any opinions on running wiring inside the back bone?

Mine isnt inside (yet) im waiting to get some miles on it and once i disassemble it for paint I plan to wire it internally.

Posted via Mobile

Back