New Builder

Britbiker

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Good morning all
Being new to the site I thought I would say hi and let you know my plans.
I am looking to rekindle my youth after a bit of a bike lay off, with a tracker based on the XS, Im also too old at 54 for a back breaking race rep.
I am not sure if anyone has any details on the bike pic attached but to me it is the dog’s danglies and if I get anywhere near this I will be happy..
The bike I believe was built by Big Moon a Japanese outfit, I have emailed them but no reply.
The set of the pipes, the seat all just look right, and although you will all cry out, even the drum brake set up looks better than a disc set up.
The only other thing I would do would to have black powder coated rims with S/S spokes.
My racing days are over but the tracker still appeals to me, just got to convince the wife I really need another project along with the cars since I sold the last Street Fighter bike
So if anyone knows a spec on this that would be great

Cheers

David
UK

NB A perfect starter ending on ebay in 6 days, I wonder !!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• yamaha_xs650_custom.jpg
    yamaha_xs650_custom.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
I agree it looks the goods, mine is going to be similar without the rearsets & with a disc brake front end & DT1 tank

Hey, Britbiker! I like this bike a lot. On the Big Moon website are a lot of pics of this bike. http://www.big-moon.jp/gallery1/index.html Just klick on the picture of the bike.

Yes, many thanks, saw this, cant seem to save the individual pic though, never mind.
I saw a mag on thier site which I assume had some details and spec but my Japanese is a bit rusty :laugh:

Would love to know what that front hub came off though.

My last effort, if it comes out to this standard again I will be happy

Attachments

• Z1.jpg
    Z1.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 221
nice z thou, it that a flipped zrx swingarm..??

No it was made by a company called JMC based in Liverpool, I had it made for a ZZR600 rising rate mono shock.

Wonderful bit of kit, almost too nice to put on the bike.

Thanks for the info so far gents.

So a few others, I want black rims and s/s spokes, whats the best or possibly best looking wheel to do this with, and obviously with a powder coated or painted satin black rim it doesnt have to be s/s or chrome finish.?

So here it is, arrived today, and SWMBO says it stays in one piece till the other project in the garage is finished, still she didn't say I couldn't buy anything.

It has been owned for the last 24 years by the same bloke and stood up for the last 12 of these, however it still turns and kicks over.

First look out might be for a 750 or 850 conversion kits if not too expensive and troublesome.
The other thing I am having trouble finding despite searching is the seat, now I love the look of the one in the top photo buy can I find out who what or where, can I be bu&&ered.

Any tips would be good on the seat, and who may do the exhausts as I do want waist high pipes.

Cheers and I expect a lot of questions to follow.

David
UK

Attachments

• The next project.jpg
    The next project.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 228
Back