New to the forum and thought I would share my build.

This whole 30tooth rear thing has got me down. The cush drive on my new wheel is bigger than the 34tooth XS sprocket I have now. I don't want to run a jack shaft with gear reduction so it looks like I will have to have a new cush drive made...

Swim,
Why don't you try the European supermoto sites, the Yammie WR is very popular over here with the clubbie racer lads. So i would be surprised if you didn't find anything to suit your set up.

Leslie

Swim,
Why don't you try the European supermoto sites, the Yammie WR is very popular over here with the clubbie racer lads. So i would be surprised if you didn't find anything to suit your set up.

Leslie

Swim,
I picked a nice set of R6 Forks with the calipers and yokes/trees
R6FORKSXS650UPGRADE004.jpg
[/IMG]

This whole 30tooth rear thing has got me down. The cush drive on my new wheel is bigger than the 34tooth XS sprocket I have now. I don't want to run a jack shaft with gear reduction so it looks like I will have to have a new cush drive made...

this place make custom sprockets . but most likely has your sprocket in a 30 tooth config. http://rebelgears.com/customsprockets.html
sence you know what bike your wheel is off of just look that up. i had the same problem as you 36 tooth was the smallest i could find every where else I looked that have it in 30 tooth config. that was my solution. good luck with your build :thumbsup:

The bolt holes on the cush drive are literally outside the teeth on the 34tooth I have. Its not really that big of a deal. A few hours on the lathe and with my welder and I will have it modified for XS sprockets.

Leslie; Great score on the forks! I just got my tapered roller bearings today. I will be in the machine shop on Saturday making my new neck or bearing cups. The OD on the bearings is the same and the OD on the original neck. So, there is no chance of making it work.

How is that 22mm front axle working for you? I think I'm going to have to make a new 20mm axle. I can't locate a roller bearing with a 22mm ID and a 37mm OD to match the R6 axle and the WR450 wheel.

are you going to run a linkless setup for the rear shock? if so you wont be able to use that shock and spring setup.

diggin the bike though

The bolt holes on the cush drive are literally outside the teeth on the 34tooth I have. Its not really that big of a deal. A few hours on the lathe and with my welder and I will have it modified for XS sprockets.

Leslie; Great score on the forks! I just got my tapered roller bearings today. I will be in the machine shop on Saturday making my new neck or bearing cups. The OD on the bearings is the same and the OD on the original neck. So, there is no chance of making it work.

How is that 22mm front axle working for you? I think I'm going to have to make a new 20mm axle. I can't locate a roller bearing with a 22mm ID and a 37mm OD to match the R6 axle and the WR450 wheel.

I didn't have that problem the hub size is smaller than the XS wheel :shrug:

Rome wasn't built in a day guys. The next step is getting the front end properly into the frame. Then the axles properly through the wheels. In the pic the forks are just sitting in the neck, the front axle is a big punch and the rear axle is 4mm smaller than the bearings.

I just changed the bearings in the rear wheel. Saturday I'm making a new neck, front axle and cush drive.

After all that the swing arm is getting extended by 4" and braced. During that process I will work out what ever linkage I need if any.

69Ranchero; You say I can't use that rear shock without links but didn't bother to explain why.

im sorry i was in a rush. if you go linkless you will need a hella spring on there. somewhere around 900 to 1000 inch pounds, the one that is on there is prob only like 500 or so. you might be able to use the shock i just dont know if you would have enough damping adjustment without revalving. we just went through this on my friends kz1000 and we ended up using a fzr6 shock since it is pretty much the only linkless monoshock bike easily found. the spring on it is i think 985. Why are you extending the singarm? i assume your doing a streettracker/motard so you will want to keep the bike short for handling. extending it goes the other way.

we went this way for a list of reasons. number 1 being easier lol but in my opinion it is also cleaner. the only problem with the fzr shock is there is no adjustment besides preload. heres a pic of it in the bike.

IMG_0674.jpg

Another linkless shock is the one i used on my build, the Buell XB12R I think It's perfect for this application, but you have to get the leverage ratio right. You need to be able to attach it at various points down the length of the swingarm to find the right ratio.

Thanks. The Seca II is also linkless if I need to go that route. Thanks for the info though for sure. I'll also check on replacement springs since the Seca and FZR shocks aren't as good.

I'm extending so the geometry will match the R6. I've gone lots of laps on an R6 and liked the way it handled so I want to be as close to that as I can. Normally i associate extended swingarms with drag racers (a swear word in my house).

New neck. I measured at least a half a dozen times. It would appear that my new neck is too long by 5/8". I guess I got cocky. Because I was an idiot and welded this beauty on before I checked it.

IMG_0221.jpg

Back