New to the forum and thought I would share my build.

On a lighter note. Here is the rear shock all mounted up. The FZR600 spring is on the way to replace the squishy R6 spring. Both springs are the same height and diameter but the FZR spring is thicker.

IMG_0196.jpg

That neck rake looks wicked steep! What's it set at? (I would guess around 24 degrees or so...)

Also, do you have a tubing roller that gets you those smooth bends on the rear of the frame? I built a tubing bender for my builds, but I really need to make or get a tubing roller so I could get smooth curves like that.

Its actually at the stock rake. The frame just sitting level. I want the neck at 23deg but after i set the forks up and the rear ride height I found that I was already at 23deg so I didn't have to mess with it.

Yeah. I have a JD2 mod 3 and a harbor freight ring bender. The ring bender is actually pretty good, especially with upgrades from www.swagoffroad.com

Just a thought, could you use the stock Yamaha front hub in the rear? Sprocket on one side, disc on the other.
Lace the new rear rim to the old front hub, in other words.

I'm afraid your swingarm has a rather severe stress point right where the shock bracing attaches to the arms. Check this out carefully as the arms look to fracture at this point.

Got the new, new neck tacked in. I wanted to make sure all was well before I welded this one on. Also got the ankle guard plate on and swingarm extended 3" and started the brace. I'll finish the brace tomorrow and start on the tail section.

IMG_0226.jpg

I have a totally separate question, since you put a new steering neck on your frame, where are your frame numbers now?

They are stamped on the neck again. I did the same thing when I built my Buell. Drove it to the DMV and had no problems. $5 set of number/letter stamps from Harbor Freight.

Back