New to the site, heres my first tracker build

SECRETBILL

SECRET BILL
Reaction score
So far so good but, got aways to go. I dont want to use the stock wiring harness anyone have any wiring tips or tricks to share with me?

Attachments

• 228.jpg
    228.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 262
  • 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 305
  • 043.jpg
    043.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 356
Up at the top of the page, click XS650 TECH. This leads you to a list of threads. Scroll down to the Electrical section, click on "A Few Wiring Diagrams" Look through them, find one that has all the parts you have and wire accrodingly.
I like this one. It has a basic points set up but has blocks with the later TCI and combo reg/rec that you just swap around.
Leo

Attachments

• 314w9s3.jpg
    314w9s3.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 180
Hello everyone, does anybody know if the brake pedal pivot that goes through the frame is the same for disc, and drum or are there two different ones ?

The disc pivot has a push rod on it, the drum has an ear on it for the rod to activate the brake. I believe the brake pedals are the same

The disc pivot has a push rod on it, the drum has an ear on it for the rod to activate the brake. I believe the brake pedals are the same

but the push rod for the disc brake attaches to an ear on the pivot, so could they be the same? I don't know. Sorry.

The outer pedals are the same, the pivots are different. The disc brake pivot is turned so the motion points 'up' and the hole for the pin is in a different spot, the leverage is different. It's possible to cut off and redrill a drum brake pivot to work with a disc brake master cylinder, but the return spring and pedal height stop brackets have to be moved as well.

Back