Pamco Electronic ignition vs. high output?

The installation instructions are available on the web site www.yamahaxs650.com There is an included schematic as well as a written set of instructions for the wires. There should have been a little sticker in the box from MikesXS directing you to the web site, and I am sorry if that sticker was not in the box.
Ok thanks. I must have missed that on your site some how ie working 3rd shift sucks in many ways lol. But am laid off and now hopefully I can get this all together. Yes there was/is a bunch of stuff missing in the kit I got from Mike's.
I've sent a bunch of email's to you but I guess you've been busy.

I'm guessing your the designer of the PAMCO system. I think you did a great job in making the system. I was wondering just what and how you came up with it. But at any rate I'll go back to your site. Like I said I must have missed it.

PS Does it matter which plug wire goes where with this system?

Mike

Just did a poker run in atrocious pouring rain and the Pamco performed faultlessly!
starts first kick once its been running, second third or fourth if its been sitting around for a couple of weeks.
shoulda got one years ago!!!

On Pete site with the wire hook up to the coil from the PAMCO it shows in that schematic, that coil has a + and a - on the coil. The coil that came with my kit does not have the + or - on the coil body. Which one on my coil should I make the positive and which one should I make the negative?

Last edited:
Just had a look at mine with a torch and cant readily see pos or neg either, and thanks to an abundance of so called 'good times' in my youth I cant remember either!
But if your coil looks like mine then use it as a map, zoom in and you can see which wires Ive put where.
thats all I can offer.

On Pete site with the wire hook up to the coil from the PAMCO it shows in that schematic, that coil has a + and a - on the coil. The coil that came with my kit does not have the + or - on the coil body. Which one on my coil should I make the positive and which one should I make the negative?

Micha7el,

The coil terminals are not polarity sensitive. I edited the drawing to show that. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for your help, motorbikerX...:thumbsup:

Just went back to the start of this thread and on 3/7 /2010, Pamco Pete says the coil is polarity insensitive so you can go to either terminal, Ive tried to hit on the 'quote' buttomn but unsure if its gonna work for me, You just go back top the start of this thread and youll see.

Yes saw your update on your site for the Schematic and it has the up date. Sorry for being so picky about it. It's part of my make up in being involved in industrial Electrical /maintenance most of my life. I usually pay very close to attention to details. Engineers usually hate me. But Pete I love what you did it very simple and in experience, simple is best. It defeat the status Qo.
Mike

I was going to start my own thread but didn't bother cause i found this one. I'm kinda out in the same boat as to what setup to chose. Was wondering you guys can be of help or assistance to this. will this ignition setup http://www.mikesxs.net/product/14-0912.html be suitable with my bike w/ list of mods

-82 xs650 stock motor, exhaust, new ngk bp7es plugs
-planning to run HHB pma kit
-probably mostly likely will run kick start only, no battery.

from what i've read and researched it seems fine to run this setup w/ my current mods. what do you guys think?

Last edited:
Yes that is the kit you will need. You need to get the advance rod and weight assembly if you are buying soon. Later this year Pete should have his electronic advance ready for prime time.

He says soon, but you know how that goes....

Pete; I have a running points bike I want to convert as soon as you can ship me the electronic advance. I'll ride it a bunch, in the snow if I have to (for testing purposes), I will!

thanks, yes i believe the kit i linked icnludes the rod but whats the weight assembly? was not fully aware of the electronic advance, about to read up on it right now.

Back