rear shocks

Thanks for the response, late or not. I am working with Ikon, who bought Koni's MC rights. The Jury is still out, hoping to have info soon.

I strongly considered swapping the shocks on my bikes. I just dont like the look of aftermarket shocks and to me, the originals arent so bad. A bumpy ride (compared with modern rides) add to the charm

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm useing a set of Koni 7610 on my SG. Best rear suspension I've ever had on any bike I've had. Bolted right on too.

Hi, looking to upgrade from my stock 72 XS650 rear shocks, any suggestions? Thanks.
Just installed my new iKon shocks. First impressions very favorable. Good ride and good looking. Chrome springs and body. Much improvement over the stock units.

Here is a picture of the 70's koni shock that erre on my 72.
20170311_130720.jpg

Thanks for the response, late or not. I am working with Ikon, who bought Koni's MC rights. The Jury is still out, hoping to have info soon.
Hey, Prue1, if you still have the oem shocks, could you measure them for me, eye to eye. Mine were tossed back in 78 or 79. Thanks in advance. I'm still looking for something that looks stock. I'll deal with the chain guard somehow. But as someone mentioned before, I'm saving my stock one for future resale.

I bought a set of "Retro slim" shocks from TC Bros. they are a little stiff but they worked great.

Hey, Prue1, if you still have the oem shocks, could you measure them for me, eye to eye. Mine were tossed back in 78 or 79. Thanks in advance. I'm still looking for something that looks stock. I'll deal with the chain guard somehow. But as someone mentioned before, I'm saving my stock one for future resale.
12/1/4"

I am happy with the Icons. Look very similar to stock shocks but much better ride. Length of shock is very critical. Too long and will force axle nut into exhaust if you have stock pipes/muffler.

I was always under the impression that chain breakage was the whole reason JB Weld was invented. The flying, broken chain always seeks out the most expensive item to contact and destroy: the engine case. There was a lot of that back in the old days of one-lunger small Honda's that we "dirt-biked" after stripping all the road goodies off them. Good times.

The Chinese shocks r $90 replicas with a very wide range of adjustment with a more than descent ride, but they're ugly and just don't fit in with the xs style I'm looking for.
I'm looking at those for my café bike. Right now I'm running Bonneville shocks but they are a bit too tall at 14". Leary of Chinese junk shocks though...

Back