Shops and Garages

Angus, I have the same HF buffing wheel (I think we discussed that already) and I have the same aluminum craftsman jack. I had to buy that one because it was the only one that went low enough to fit under my project.
my dad gave me that jack a few years ago. it only fits under my 650. If I try to use it under my suzy, or the intruder, it lifts the engine, not the frame, no good.
How do you position your jack to raise the front? I can only get it to raise the rear.

I don't have a problem getting the front in the air, but to level it out I put a board on top of the jack on the rail toward the front of the bike. Maybe try a couple of boards with a thicker one on the forward rail. :shrug:

Hi Guys,

I just *have* to get a digital camera! I have shots of the shop, but they are on film, and I haven't got a scanner. Sigh. Someday I'll step firmly into the 21st Century.....

Meanwhile, a short description: 24'x36' pole barn, insulated and wired for 220---it used to be our printshop, so there is plenty of power. Right now I have oil heat, but will be replacing it with wood very soon. There is a regular door, and an overhead door for bringing in bikes. It houses my bikes, parts of bikes, and tools. I've got a couple of drill-presses, including a wwII-vintage Delta floor model. I've got a compressor and gear, a big antique metal-cutting rig with a 6-foot cheater bar on it---my son loves that! Let's see, my son Bob has the gas bottles right now, but the arc welder is in the shed. A small 'fridge keeps things civilized in the summer. Scattered about are press pieces leftover from the printing days: most of a pre-war Multilith feeder and press, lots of lead type and widgets, some posters on the walls that we printed....and some vintage BSA/Triumph posters, one of which features Dick Mann on a Triple. I have a BSA clock on the wall. Let's see: eight or nine bikes, several BSA frames, about half a dozen BSA engines in various states of completion, a spare XS650 engine in pieces, various shelves full of boxes of parts and the occasional confused spider. The concrete floor has seen more than it's share of printing ink, solvent, oil, grease and gasoline. Outside I got my brother to build a 36'x12' overhang where I can park the sidecar bike, and store various things that don't count---like car parts and batteries and such.

Gee--that was long and doesn't do it justice, although I should mention that when I look at the pictures above I realize I've really got to clean the shed---like, RIGHT NOW!!

I guess I have to get a camera......:shrug:

And of course, I love nothing better than digging about in someone else's shop...is there anything better??

computer.jpg

east.jpg

gritroom.jpg

mainworkareaJPG.jpg

middlestall1JPG.jpg

seast.jpg

weld.jpg

Here's what I'm working with. These pics are from a couple of months ago.. Now there are a lot less bikes and the work benches are picked up a little bit. The engine rack has more motors in it now.

garage01.jpg

garage02.jpg

garage03.jpg

garage04.jpg

garage05.jpg

This is a picture from last winter when I just finished this engine rack.
engineshelf.jpg

kegerator01.jpg

kegerator02.jpg

You know there are 2 things missing in your shop as far as I can see Travis. 1. a cot 2. Me.... :-D

wow I LOVE the pics of everyone's "shop". Mine's nothing to look at, just the inside of an old carport with a riser/table I built to put the project bike up on. I have a little Black and Decker mono boombox on one side, and a bunch of fans for when its hot.
Just this winter I've put up a pic or 2, one a poster that came with an order I got from Lowbrow Customs, and one a Tampa Bay Buccaneers banner (to keep me humble, ya know, lol).
Its messy too, so nothing to show off. I added a couple of lean-to add-ons to the carport. It could be a nice space if it were cleaned up and painted. Lots of times there's clothes hanging under there. (cuz the dryer is broke, so if its rainy I hang the stuff under the carport) Sometimes my bike even has socks drying on it!

Some or most of you have seen this on 650Rider. Sorry to say the tub is gone.

Attachments

• Garage Panarama2.JPG
    Garage Panarama2.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 397
Mmm, I tried my apartment bedroom for a little while but when I saw that I got some grease on the carpet I decided that it was time to shut that down.

But hey, I can't complain at all... theres some people out there that have never had the pleasure of riding a motorcycle

Mmm, I tried my apartment bedroom for a little while but when I saw that I got some grease on the carpet I decided that it was time to shut that down.

But hey, I can't complain at all... theres some people out there that have never had the pleasure of riding a motorcycle

This is true! But b/c my "shop" is my kitchen. I think my g/f has a heart attack everytime she walks in my house (through the kitchen). :laugh:

Back