1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Shops and Garages

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by crash, Oct 22, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Wally

Wally XS650 Addict

Attached Files:

2. Travis

Travis Staff Member XS650.com Supporter

Bump. With a couple thousand new members since the last post, I thought there might be a few more people who could add to this. :thumbsup:

3. Yamaha_chop

Yamaha_chop Fabricator Extraordinare

Realized I never posted up pics of the finished shop with the projects in it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not the greatest shots, but it's a nice spot to work!

4. Here is mine. I work out of less than half of our 1 car garage. It gets the job done, I just push the weight bench over closer to the tool box and I can put the bike almost in the middle and still get to all of my tools and around the bike. There is also another cupboard with some more tools in it.

I have since also got myself a bike/atv lift to help get the bike off the ground for the work that I am doing, but I haven't got any photos of that just at the moment.

I can of course wheel the bike out and work on the driveway as well, but being in a fairly warm part of Australia, it is better to work in the shade in summer, although sometimes you just have to wait until late afternoon, or early morning to work.

I am hoping to buy a house in the next 3 years or so, the requirement is that I have a dedicated workshop that I can add all the shelving and work space that I need.

Attached Files:

5. xs650hacker

xs650hacker XS650 Member

Here's some pictures of my shop and the parts I've been cleaning in the front room of my trailer, it's about 14 X 10 with a bathroom.

Beats working out in the snow or the driveway where parts would certainly come up missing. Plus with a 550 watt sound system hooked up to the laptop providing musical inspiration, (the neighbors just love when I play Slipknot at full bass!) how can you go wrong?:yikes:

Attached Files:

6. jester31780

jester31780 XS650 Member

lets see what you guys are working out of to get them bikes going

7. Downer

Downer XS650 Addict

You can see in my albums not much but it works

8. littlebill31

littlebill31 Smells of Raw Fuel

10X10 shed. a.k.a. The "shed of tears", 'cuz I cry a lot, 'cuz it's only 10X10.

9. motorkiller31

motorkiller31 XS650 Enthusiast

I feel your pain Bill
    10x10 shed here too

10. hotdog

hotdog XS650 Guru

looove the old school pedestal drill mrriggs

11. Wizard of Smiles

Wizard of Smiles Retro Rookie Rider

My back porch.. it's awful.

12. littlebill31

littlebill31 Smells of Raw Fuel

Here's a pic. My XS is inside. That's a Maxim 650 and a CB350. The rest of the shit is engines and parts. There are actually 2 kayaks in the shed too. My work bench, a.k.a "Carb Station Alpha", is on the left, inside.
    Yes it all fits, lol.
    IMG-20110911-00040.jpg

"Carb Station Alpha"
    carb station Alpha.jpg

Now you know why it's called the "Shed of Tears".

13. PetesPonies

PetesPonies XS650 Addict

52 x 40 full of cars mostly . . . little room for a bike or two :) Building my new shop
    ( 56 x 64 ) is in the works on new property. Now many might say I have so much room. I'm not kidding that they are full of cars. So space is like everything else in life . if you have lots of it, you find ways to fill it up. Therefore, not much room in the end :)

14. a 10x10 shed right now. building my garage next summer.:)

15. I am Carbon

I am Carbon shade tree mechanic XS650.com Supporter

here is my shop at home.

16. jayel

jayel #9 Guru 74 TX650A

10x10 parking and wood working area then a 12x20 work shop still don't have room to swing a cat :laugh:

Attached Files:

17. jmink427

jmink427 XS650 Junkie

Here is my shop building I built it myself about 4 years ago.. Did everything but the concrete work. 30 X 36 with 9' ceiling and Central HVAC... :D I just can't afford to run it much....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]