Side Tracker build

Cant wait to see this done. I already have put 1500 miles on My sidecar outfit this year. Its pretty much been a daily driver since February.

What kind of car are you looking for ? Have you ever thought of building your own?
I have thought about buying the frame kit from DMC sidecars and building my own tub.

Cant wait to see this done. I already have put 1500 miles on My sidecar outfit this year. Its pretty much been a daily driver since February.

What kind of car are you looking for ? Have you ever thought of building your own?
I have thought about buying the frame kit from DMC sidecars and building my own tub.

I picked up a Velorex tub last month. I was hoping to find a american spirt or sputnik but they are hard to find. What kind of rig do you have now? I spent this weekend attending a s/tep class good fun!

Attachments

• IMG_0472.JPG
    IMG_0472.JPG
    290.2 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_0473.JPG
    IMG_0473.JPG
    278.9 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_0479.jpg
    IMG_0479.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 238
I picked up a Velorex tub last month. I was hoping to find a american spirt or sputnik but they are hard to find. What kind of rig do you have now? I spent this weekend attending a s/tep class good fun!

Mine is a Suzuki GS-850 with what appears to be the same Velorex as yours. I bought it to introduce my kids to motorcycles. It thought it would be a good setup to use for a commuter when the weather is bad, which seems to be about every other day here in Central Illinois.

I find that I use the sidecar rig way more than I thought I would. I doubt I have put more than 100 miles on my truck in two months.

split the tub to line-x the interior of the tub and coat the bottom half. Some times I wonder what I got my self into:doh:

Attachments

• tub split.JPG
    tub split.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 242
got the bed liner applied to the interior and outside of the bottom of the tub today. I used u-pol raptor liner it turned out great.

Attachments

• photo (32).JPG
    photo (32).JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 193
  • photo (30).JPG
    photo (30).JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 183
  • photo (29).JPG
    photo (29).JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 191
  • photo (28).JPG
    photo (28).JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 189
got a couple boxes in the mail today. first my pipes from Scott @ xs650exhaust.com and a radial master cylinder off a zx10r. I cant help not to hang parts on just to see.

Attachments

• Street tacker build 030.jpg
    Street tacker build 030.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 243
  • Street tacker build 032.jpg
    Street tacker build 032.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 266
  • Street tacker build 031.jpg
    Street tacker build 031.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 253
  • Street tacker build 029.jpg
    Street tacker build 029.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 284
Did a spray out last night. I'm going to need shade's! I'm kinda worried about the glare.:cool:

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 203
Got a lot of work done today. sprayed the frame finally reinforced the sidecars's frame and coated the pipes with high temp powder coat. and powder coated about a couple thousand little parts black.

Attachments

• Street tacker build 001.jpg
    Street tacker build 001.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 201
  • Street tacker build 002.jpg
    Street tacker build 002.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 210
I used appliance epoxy per Hugh's suggestion I tried VHT roll bar paint but the gloss wasn't a gloss. Now re-ring the motor and get it spiffed up and we can start going back together for the last time. I swear I have had this thing apart and back together 6 times. I was was welding with the garage door open and one of my neighbors came by to watch :doh: The first thing he asked was where's your new bike. I told him to look around it's in here:laugh:

Attachments

• Street tacker build 035.jpg
    Street tacker build 035.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 191
  • Street tacker build 036.jpg
    Street tacker build 036.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 225
Any updates?

I was out at the TT's yesterday , watched a few XS's race in the vintage class and thought of your bike. Man those old XS's sound sweet flying around the track, as well as the Harley XR-750's.

I know the newer bikes are faster and have better suspension but they just dont have that rib-shaking sound that the old school bikes have.

Doing the engine rebuild now. Had to have to bored 1 over had a piston slapping around in there. I'm waiting for the jugs to be finished and I'll start powder coating all of it. Other than that I have it back into a roller I need to get off my butt.

Yes appliance paint I was not too impressed but then again I should have just shelled out the 200 to have it powder coated when I do powder coating. I should have built a bigger oven. anyhow here's the results of this weekends carnage 4 hours cut up hands and a chipped cam later you have this at least it looks pretty. I havent decided on the color for the lettering yet. all wrinkle black powder coat and brushed fins.

Attachments

• engine.JPG
    engine.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 271
  • XS4.JPG
    XS4.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 205
Woot lots of progress this weekend! Got the motor buttoned up and installed I think it looks sweet. Also got my acewell and brakes all set up. Just waiting on a tap to come in the mail to get the pipes and sub frame installed. damn ups guy hurry up!

Attachments

• Street tacker build 040.jpg
    Street tacker build 040.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 234
  • Street tacker build 039.jpg
    Street tacker build 039.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 256
  • Street tacker build 041.jpg
    Street tacker build 041.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 262
  • Street tacker build 038.jpg
    Street tacker build 038.jpg