Side Tracker build

Looking good. The step is a great idea, My kids have worn the paint off the top of the cars fender using it as a step.

I finally found an XS to bolt my velorex to. It not quite as nice of a bike as I was looking for but it will do the job. I really want to have it street ready by March.

I know it has been mentioned before but what kind of bars are those? I want to change the stock Special bars but want something a little wider than most MX ones.

Got the electronics box back from my brother and have managed to stuff 10 lbs of shit into a 5 lb sack.

614C86B9.jpg

684F611C.jpg

0CF7B015.jpg

You are getting close. I cant wait to see it done.

I was thinking yesterday I need a couple hours to get mine to move on its own . It would have been fun to ride it yesterday since we had a little snow this week.

Does your car have a brake? I have the parts but the previous owner never bothered to hook it up. I might just mount another pedal on the car to see how it works. Never had any stopping problems with the previous setup but it had triple disc, Now with a single disc/drum rear setup I have some concerns.

No brake on the car. I figured the dual disc conversion should the situation. I'm not to concerned about it.

Getting sooooo close, looks nice and clean:thumbsup::thumbsup: Don't worry about the brake "D" , that brake on the Velorex is just a parking brake and has NO stopping power! I don't run one on my xs and on the VStrom it is more of a pain then it is helping the rig stop strait. I won't ever bother running a brake on the hack again, when I first started playing with these things I thought anyone who did'nt run one was wrong :wtf: Now I know it's just personal preference :bike:

After trying to route the 2 into 1 cable that came with my pwk carb kit I said screw it and called mike up at 650central.com and ordered a new cable that he sells for the vm34's and a Magura straight pull throttle. After talking to him and imagining sticky slides or some other random thing happening I realized that a bar mounted kill switch would be a good thing.
After a night of web surfing I found this sweet switch on highwaydirtbikes.com

0C41527C.jpg

FA07768F.jpg

They have a two switch option as well. Super clean I dig it! Can't wait for my new cable and throttle Hopefully this will be the cure for this common issue.

New cable and throttle came in today!

cable from the mikes pwk kit on top. cable from 650central on bottom check out the splitters.

0F53BABE.jpg

Brass beats Chinese plastic any day.

5697A1AE.jpg

Mike and I had our wire's crossed on the carb top adjusters so those are still on the way. I hope this hunch pans out.

I'm getting jealous. I cant say I am a fan of black and gold but it looks good on your bike.

I have not made much progress on my hack in the last few weeks because of back problems but I did get out and worked on it a little this afternoon.

Did you change your sprocket size at all? I was thinking of using a one with a few more teeth to give it better response while I have the rear wheel off.

More pic's just got to wet sand everything and buff it. Shake down runs are going well so far I have only lost the liscence plate, had a battery go bad on me and had the headlamp fall out hit the front tire and flew over my head :yikes: getting close think I'm going to have a pro actually take some pic's of this one before I scratch her all up.

27C633A7.jpg

772AAA71.jpg

0E7CCEEF.jpg

Last edited:
Back